Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Website for tracking life and self-improvement.

Certhw

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I apologize for the lengthy post in advance, thank you for your patience.

I began reflecting on issues in my life that required a solution, or obstacles I had already overcome. At 19 years old, I became dedicated to self-improvement by working out and reading more frequently. Fortunately, many other young men have similar aspirations, as seen by the increasing popularity of self-improvement channels targeting this demographic on YouTube. Personally, I struggled to establish beneficial habits, eliminate detrimental ones, and go to the gym until I created an Excel tracker. This tool allowed me to progress gradually each week, as I modified and enhanced it over the course of a year. It provided me with the accountability that I required, and the tracker's visual representation of my advancements over time was both exciting and motivational. Improving my performance from week to week became a stimulating challenge for me. I've attached some screenshots of my tracker.

You may be wondering what sets my tracker apart from the numerous habit trackers available on the app store. I believe that my tracker offers unique features that make it superior. Firstly, I have used many habit trackers myself, but I usually lost interest and stopped using them after a week or so. However, my tracker provides daily, weekly, and monthly scores of my performance, which has kept me motivated to continue using it.

Secondly, my tracker is not limited to just habits; it also includes tracking bad habits, hours worked, sleep, gym, and other aspects of self-improvement that I focused on. This way, the weekly score is based on all the areas that I aimed to improve, and even if I failed to focus on my habits one week, I could still receive a decent score if I had made progress in other areas.

Additionally, I assigned different levels of importance to each habit, depending on how essential it was for me to achieve my goals. For instance, I rated "make my bed" as 1/5 in importance and "deep work session 1" as 4/5. Similarly, some bad habits were not as detrimental as others, and the score reflected this distinction. I believe that the attached pictures will clarify this concept better.

1.png
2.png

Another great aspect of my tracker is the ability to compare my current week's performance with previous weeks. This feature has helped me feel more positive during weeks where I didn't perform as well as I hoped. By looking at the long-term progress, I could see that I was improving over time, making a bad week or day feel less discouraging. The visual representation of progress, such as spending less time on screens, has been particularly helpful. Even when I felt like I wasn't doing well in the moment, I could see significant improvements compared to my past self. As shown in the attached chart (similar to those for tracking habits, bad habits, gym attendance, etc.), this feature provides a clear picture of progress over time.

3.png

Lastly, my tracker also provides annual statistics that highlight accomplishments such as attending the gym 100 times, meditating for 200 days, and reducing phone usage to an average of 2 hours per day. Additionally, the tracker would provide personalized feedback, such as acknowledging areas of improvement or congratulating successes for that particular month.

While I could go on for hours about my tracker, my main idea is to make it available on a website where users can sign up for free and adjust their own variables. For example, one person might consider meditation a critical habit while someone else may not value it as much. By personalizing the tracker, users can tailor it to their specific needs and preferences.

I was inspired to create this tracker after listening to David Goggins' audiobook, where he emphasizes the importance of holding oneself accountable. Jocko Willink, another influential figure among young men, also stresses the significance of taking ownership. However, I recognize that this tracker alone is not enough to achieve comprehensive self-improvement. My ultimate goal is to integrate all of the beneficial aspects of self-improvement into one comprehensive website.

The website would also include a forum and a goal page similar to Notion, where users can document and track their progress towards their objectives. Users would have the option to choose whether their goals and progress are visible to other members of the community. The website would be designed to connect to smartwatches, automatically tracking data such as exercise.

Additionally, there would be a page dedicated to book recommendations, where users can suggest titles such as think and grow rich and write brief reviews. The community could filter recommendations by topics such as social skills, entrepreneurship, and habit-forming.

A journal page would also be available where users can write entries either for themselves or for other members of the community. This feature would be linked to the tracker.

Users can participate in challenges through a competition/tournament page, with challenges ranging from achieving the highest score on the tracker, to reading the most books, to working out the most in a month.

The website would include a section dedicated to courses, with community members able to post their own courses and insights. Additionally, collaborations with renowned creators could be offered on this page.

Lastly, users can vote for their favorite self-improvement videos, which would then be recommended to other users. There would be numerous additional features available on the website.

In my opinion, this idea has several advantages. Firstly, it has a large target audience with significant potential for monetization. Additionally, the website would greatly enhance users' lives, as it did for me with my personal tracker. The website would address the common issue of lacking accountability and a means of tracking progress, as well as providing motivation for those who struggle to maintain beneficial habits.

However, one potential drawback is that people who struggle to establish habits may not be inclined to use a habit tracker. Nevertheless, I personally overcame this challenge by using a tracker, so this may not necessarily be a significant obstacle.

I am eager to hear your thoughts, criticisms, and insights.

GlimmerDean

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd consider using a service as you've described. If it proves effective, I wouldn't mind paying for it. Currently, I stick to pencil and paper for this kind of task because I prefer keeping my digital devices aside. However, I'm on the lookout for something that can better organize and simplify habit tracking, especially when combined with other aspects of self-improvement.

Top Bottom