Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

MMO SMTB My B2C Media Buying Funnel

Ceutall

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Many people have been asking me about this, so I wanted to share my media buying funnel for selling products directly to consumers. Most people aren't sure where to begin, so I hope this post helps you understand it better for your B2C business.

Pre-lander
|
V
Landing page
|
V
Email sign up
|
V
Pitch hook offer
|
V
Re-marketing email sequences

You can send visitors to any of the first three steps, depending on how skilled you are:

• Pre-lander: This is for advanced users.
  • Landing Page: It's for those with intermediate skills.
  • Email sign-up: This step is beginner-friendly.

In my media buying campaigns, I hardly ever send my initial traffic directly to a landing page. That's because it's the most expensive and risky way to make money from paid traffic.
Sadly, this is what most people do!
This is why they find it hard to make a profit. Unless you're really skilled at making landing pages that persuade people to take action, sending targeted traffic to a landing page can cost you a lot. You end up paying a premium for the traffic, and most of it leaves without doing anything, so you waste most of your money.

So, what should I do instead?

I begin my media buying campaigns with a pre-lander, but it needs some advanced skills to do it right.

A good pre-lander helps me purchase inexpensive, low-quality traffic and refine it before sending the refined targeted traffic to my landing page.

When you pay Google or similar platforms on a cost-per-click (CPC) basis, they clean up the traffic for you, and they charge a lot for it!

But I handle it on my own.

So, what do I do with most of the traffic that visits my pre-lander but isn't suitable?

I sell it to others for more than I paid for it. Then, I redirect the interested traffic to my landing page and through my sales funnel. This is called traffic arbitrage!

If you set up the pre-lander arbitrage correctly, you'll always make a profit no matter how much traffic you buy, even if none of it goes through your funnel! This means you can test any funnel for any product, whether it's yours or an affiliate's, without losing money. In short, you create a funnel that funds itself.

But if you're new and don't have the skills for this, I suggest starting by buying email opt-ins. This way, you can market to the same people again and again as you improve, without having to pay for them to return.

The goal of this discussion is to offer different ways to think about your sales funnel when you're buying media. You'll realize that if you don't have the right skills, sending traffic directly to a landing page that isn't optimized and may not convert will probably lose you money.

While I'm happy to answer general questions, I won't give you step-by-step instructions on building a funnel for your specific product, where to find cheap traffic, or how to create a self-funding funnel for free. Every funnel is unique, so you'll need to figure out your own path. But all the information you need to learn is available here on MMO. Stay focused, put in the effort, and make it happen!

Reveluris

Reaction score
Thanks for writing back. Basically, your last paragraph made it hard to ask more questions! 😄

But I do have one about your prelander: Is it on your website or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Ceutall

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks for writing back. Basically, your last paragraph made it hard to ask more questions! 😄

But I do have one about your prelander: Is it on your website or somewhere else?

Thanks!

I'm okay with general questions, but I won't give free advice for particular campaigns.

As I mentioned, pre-landers handle most of the traffic before cleaning it up. So, I use a separate website hosted in the cloud to manage the huge amount of traffic.

Readdi

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info you provided.
Here's a quick question: Are articles a good way to set up pre-landers? For example, if you have a credit card offer, could you send traffic to an article about choosing the best credit card, then offer more details and direct interested people to your main landing page?

HorrayScoop

Reaction score
Here's a simple version: "Hey, just wondering: do you put your prelander on the same website as your landing page, or do you use a different website for it?"

Ceutall

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info you provided.
Here's a quick question: Are articles a good way to set up pre-landers? For example, if you have a credit card offer, could you send traffic to an article about choosing the best credit card, then offer more details and direct interested people to your main landing page?
It all depends on the topic or industry. The important thing is not to copy exactly what your competitors are doing, or else people might just ignore your content.
Here's a simple version: "Hey, just wondering: do you put your prelander on the same website as your landing page, or do you use a different website for it?"

Usually, I put a pre-lander on a different web address.

Heraldonet

Reaction score
How can you make money from the traffic that isn't converting? Do you put ads on your page? Won't that take their attention away from what you want them to do?

Coopsyden

Reaction score
Could you explain more about the pre-lander? What does it include? Also, do you use any software to track clicks yourself?

Thanks!

Bracell

Reaction score
Hey, how bad is the traffic you're buying to tidy up? Are we talking about low-quality traffic? Generic native ads? Approved native ads? Audience Network?

Bracell

Reaction score
How can you make money from the traffic that isn't converting? Do you put ads on your page? Won't that take their attention away from what you want them to do?
This is simple. He probably sends it to his own website on either Google or native advertising platforms.

Bracell

Reaction score
Could you explain more about the pre-lander? What does it include? Also, do you use any software to track clicks yourself?

Thanks!
I had the same idea. Use a heat map on a "pre-lander" page to see where people click and gather information about them, like their browser, IP address, and device. Then, direct the bot traffic to a content site with Adsense or native ads, and send the real leads to the main landing page.

Ceutall

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I had the same idea. Use a heat map on a "pre-lander" page to see where people click and gather information about them, like their browser, IP address, and device. Then, direct the bot traffic to a content site with Adsense or native ads, and send the real leads to the main landing page.

No, I don't do that.

I can't explain exactly how I make money because it's not allowed on BHW, and I'd have to reveal my main focus area.

The goal of my post was to encourage people to think creatively about reselling traffic in a way that earns more than it costs.

Heracyte

Reaction score
This is really interesting.
Can you give me an example of a pre-lander?
Like, what kind of forms can it take?

Ceutall

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
This is really interesting.
Can you give me an example of a pre-lander?
Like, what kind of forms can it take?

You need a page that loads quickly and asks the user to make a small commitment, like answering a simple question.

If they don't respond, they probably won't be interested later in the funnel, so it's best to send them somewhere else.

Ivanteli

Reaction score
Thanks for the information! Could you help me with filtering website traffic using Google Tag Manager events? I'd appreciate any guidance.

Dingessi

Reaction score
I like the idea of getting the most out of high-cost traffic. Usually, I'm paying 1-1.5€ for each click, so I'm trying to get more value from each visit. How do you think this funnel sounds?

Pre-landing page: (this is just an example to illustrate) Want to build a company website for free? Here's what you need to do: -- explanation -- Or, if you want to create everything in just 2 minutes with even more features, give us your email to learn about SUPER TOOL X: -- lead collection for affiliate offer --

After I get someone's email, I'll send them an email linking to the affiliate offer's landing page. I'm thinking about whether I should test out sending just one offer in the email or including a list of popular products in the footer.

I've noticed that a lot of people offer free e-books or similar things to collect emails, but I'm wondering if it's better to offer a simpler solution to a common problem. What do you think?

Ceutall

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey @GringoMonkey, do you keep getting new users for your arbitrage email lists? Even if everything is well set up, I'm sure you'll still lose a percentage with each email you send.

Thanks for the post! It's actually motivating me to start a lead generation project. I'll begin by getting leads from big traffic sources and paying a bit more for them. Once I've got that sorted, I'll move on to trying cheaper traffic for leads that are still good quality.
For my first project, I'll stick to a niche I know well and already have landing pages set up for. It's not a huge niche, but starting with something familiar will be better in the long run.
Your method is appealing because you make money from every part of the user's journey while spreading out your income sources.
Yes, I keep growing the list. The key is to focus on its long-term value, not just one-time value.
I noticed you got traffic from Facebook. This is a bit off topic, but to lower costs, I build lookalike audiences and target them. If you do that, keep an eye on ROI Rocket.

Top Bottom