Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Make money with Domain Flipping!

ForumChell

Reaction score
Hello everyone, as someone who has been involved in domain flipping for the past six months, I can tell you that it can be overwhelming for beginners. It's easy for beginners to think that whatever name they like will be worth a lot of money, but the reality is often different. In this beginner's guide, I'd like to share some tips to help you get started with domain flipping and make your first profits as soon as possible.

1. Buy Cheap - Sell High
It might be obvious, but many new domainers make the mistake of spending all their saved-up money on a domain that they believe will be worth thousands of dollars. After a few days, they realize that nobody is interested in the domain, or it's much harder to sell than they thought.

My advice is to buy domains as cheaply as possible in the beginning. You can try registering them at registrars like NameCheap to ensure some profits. After selling a few domains, like 5 $10 domains for $50 each, you can invest the money into more expensive domains.

1. Only .COM
Beginners often make the mistake of looking for opportunities in all TLDs. When it comes to domaining, focus only on .com, especially if you're a beginner. .coms have the highest resale value and are always in high demand. That means you can sell a .com domain much faster compared to a .info domain. While there will be buyers for other TLDs too, they will be much harder to find, and your profits won't be as good as with a .com domain.

1. Set a Budget
Many people tend to buy everything they like without giving themselves a budget. With a budget, you'll know how much you can still spend on domains without wasting money you need for other things. Give yourself a strict budget, and this will save you from lots of headaches.

1. Don't Fall in Love
You should never fall in love with a domain name. Always be skeptical and be 100% sure that you want to buy it and that it can be sold afterward. Falling in love with a domain means you'll be mentally prepared to waste much more money to buy it, and you'll value it much higher than everyone else. You need to value the domain realistically, or else it will be difficult to sell it.

1. Do Your Research
Always check the demand for a domain before buying it. Get the "keywordseverywhere" chrome extension, which shows the monthly Google search volumes for all the keywords you search for. If you're interested in the domain "shoefactory.com," type "shoe factory" into Google to see if there's a high search volume for the keyword. It should be at least 500 searches per month. Also, check the CPC for advertising, as this can determine the value of a domain. A higher CPC will often result in a higher value for your domain. Consider what can be done with a domain. If you can't think of a purpose, you shouldn't buy it, as it would be too hard to find the right buyer.

1. Stop Evaluating with Estibot
As a beginner, it can be tempting to evaluate your domain with Estibot. While it's not wrong to do that, it's not advisable to take the estimated value and use it as the fixed price for the domain. Always take the Estibot estimation as an ESTIMATION! An experienced domainer will refuse to buy domains from you if they see that you're strictly following these bots' suggestions.

I hope these tips help you get started with domain flipping. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below, and I'll answer them for you.

Drewzard

Reaction score
I disagree with the notion that ".com" is the only valuable top-level domain. In my opinion, the ".io" domain also presents a great opportunity and value.

BlackP

Reaction score
I disagree with the notion that ".com" is the only valuable top-level domain. In my opinion, the ".io" domain also presents a great opportunity and value.
I completely agree with you. While I do believe that the ".io" domain has value, it may be more practical for a beginner to start with a ".com" domain. This will allow them to learn how everything works without investing a significant amount of money, as the registration fee for ".com" domains is generally lower.

Bergires

Reaction score
Yes, I was fortunate enough to secure a fantastic ".io" domain just last week.

Vinerchco

Reaction score
Hello everyone, as someone who has been involved in domain flipping for the past six months, I can tell you that it can be overwhelming for beginners. It's easy for beginners to think that whatever name they like will be worth a lot of money, but the reality is often different. In this beginner's guide, I'd like to share some tips to help you get started with domain flipping and make your first profits as soon as possible.

1. Buy Cheap - Sell High
It might be obvious, but many new domainers make the mistake of spending all their saved-up money on a domain that they believe will be worth thousands of dollars. After a few days, they realize that nobody is interested in the domain, or it's much harder to sell than they thought.

My advice is to buy domains as cheaply as possible in the beginning. You can try registering them at registrars like NameCheap to ensure some profits. After selling a few domains, like 5 $10 domains for $50 each, you can invest the money into more expensive domains.

1. Only .COM
Beginners often make the mistake of looking for opportunities in all TLDs. When it comes to domaining, focus only on .com, especially if you're a beginner. .coms have the highest resale value and are always in high demand. That means you can sell a .com domain much faster compared to a .info domain. While there will be buyers for other TLDs too, they will be much harder to find, and your profits won't be as good as with a .com domain.

1. Set a Budget
Many people tend to buy everything they like without giving themselves a budget. With a budget, you'll know how much you can still spend on domains without wasting money you need for other things. Give yourself a strict budget, and this will save you from lots of headaches.

1. Don't Fall in Love
You should never fall in love with a domain name. Always be skeptical and be 100% sure that you want to buy it and that it can be sold afterward. Falling in love with a domain means you'll be mentally prepared to waste much more money to buy it, and you'll value it much higher than everyone else. You need to value the domain realistically, or else it will be difficult to sell it.

1. Do Your Research
Always check the demand for a domain before buying it. Get the "keywordseverywhere" chrome extension, which shows the monthly Google search volumes for all the keywords you search for. If you're interested in the domain "shoefactory.com," type "shoe factory" into Google to see if there's a high search volume for the keyword. It should be at least 500 searches per month. Also, check the CPC for advertising, as this can determine the value of a domain. A higher CPC will often result in a higher value for your domain. Consider what can be done with a domain. If you can't think of a purpose, you shouldn't buy it, as it would be too hard to find the right buyer.

1. Stop Evaluating with Estibot
As a beginner, it can be tempting to evaluate your domain with Estibot. While it's not wrong to do that, it's not advisable to take the estimated value and use it as the fixed price for the domain. Always take the Estibot estimation as an ESTIMATION! An experienced domainer will refuse to buy domains from you if they see that you're strictly following these bots' suggestions.

I hope these tips help you get started with domain flipping. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below, and I'll answer them for you.

What are some possible ways to use old domain names that are not being used?

Tarasuff

Reaction score
Can you tell me if the domain name bumplist.com has any value or worth?
One option for the domain name bumplist.com could be to sell it on forums for domain resellers and expect to receive a mid-range value for it. Alternatively, you could try to reach out to potential end-users and offer the domain name to them. Upon searching on Google, I found a book called "The Bumplist," and you could consider contacting the author to see if they would be interested in purchasing the domain for a low to mid-range price. Additionally, since bumplist.net redirects to another developed domain, it could be worth contacting the owner of that domain to see if they are interested in acquiring the .com version, as .com domains are typically in high demand.

Reveluris

Reaction score
One option for the domain name bumplist.com could be to sell it on forums for domain resellers and expect to receive a mid-range value for it. Alternatively, you could try to reach out to potential end-users and offer the domain name to them. Upon searching on Google, I found a book called "The Bumplist," and you could consider contacting the author to see if they would be interested in purchasing the domain for a low to mid-range price. Additionally, since bumplist.net redirects to another developed domain, it could be worth contacting the owner of that domain to see if they are interested in acquiring the .com version, as .com domains are typically in high demand.
Where are you selling it?
Does it serve customers? perhaps Reseller Forum?

Tarasuff

Reaction score
  1. Can you provide a noob guide to the domain reselling business and answer some questions about it, including what it is, where to look for domains, and where to resell them?
  2. In domain reselling, you mentioned that checking keyword search volume is important, but EMD domains have lost their value. Can you explain how this works in domain reselling?
  3. How can you purchase a domain for $10 and sell it for $50? What strategies can be used for domain flipping?
  4. On average, how many domains do you purchase in a month?
  5. How does the time it takes to sell a .com domain compare to the time it takes to sell a .xyz domain?

Finnwarz

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your personal experience with domain reselling and for agreeing with the advice provided by OP. It's great to hear that you were able to improve your knowledge and make a profit over the last two years. Your advice for beginners to focus on purchasing 4L .com domains is valuable, as they are affordable and have both resellable and end-user value. It's important to invest in valuable domains and avoid registering useless ones, as they are unlikely to sell and can be a waste of time and money.

Brodernsfi

Reaction score
Although there is no definitive answer to this question, I often find myself pondering how long a domain name with some value can remain on the market. It is a mental obstacle that impedes my ability to make decisions when it comes to purchasing domain names. When does a domain name lose its value or become less valuable than initially perceived?

In addition, I find it difficult to understand why someone would spend thousands of dollars on a domain name, excluding well-established brands. One could opt for a different top-level domain (TLD) or slightly modify the name. Am I mistaken? Given the scarcity of big deals, it may seem pointless to dedicate an enormous amount of time and resources unless one has an unlimited budget and the freedom to purchase anything that appears promising.

Lastly, what criteria do you use to evaluate the value of a domain name? Although some domain names are undoubtedly valuable, determining the worth of others can be a challenging task. I have researched what domain experts and blogs have to say on the matter, but much of the information provided seems inconclusive and speculative rather than based on concrete evidence.

BonFrancine

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your personal experience with domain reselling and for agreeing with the advice provided by OP. It's great to hear that you were able to improve your knowledge and make a profit over the last two years. Your advice for beginners to focus on purchasing 4L .com domains is valuable, as they are affordable and have both resellable and end-user value. It's important to invest in valuable domains and avoid registering useless ones, as they are unlikely to sell and can be a waste of time and money.
If I'm a novice seeking to experiment, and I have a budget of $100, what's the typical monthly return I can expect to generate? Also, what exactly are 4L Com domains?

If I understand correctly, you've made over $100k in profit in two years. If that's accurate, could you provide some insight into the initial investment you made to get started?

Josefribetr

Reaction score
Regardless of whether it is a copy or not, I find it to be helpful or beneficial.

Shirleyflag

Reaction score
If I'm a novice seeking to experiment, and I have a budget of $100, what's the typical monthly return I can expect to generate? Also, what exactly are 4L Com domains?

If I understand correctly, you've made over $100k in profit in two years. If that's accurate, could you provide some insight into the initial investment you made to get started?
To clarify, I have generated around $40k from domaining alone. 4L Com refers to four-letter Com domains such as besd.com, gste.com, Ruia.com, and so on. When I started selling these domains, the prices were approximately $25 to $30. However, the value of a non-premium 4L Com domain has now risen to over $100. There are numerous variations within 4L Com domains, and it may be challenging to elaborate on all of them in this comment section. I recommend that you explore the domain section on this forum or conduct a Google search. There is a prominent domaining forum, but unfortunately, I cannot mention it here as it may violate the ToS. Please stop from making immediate purchases and conduct thorough research before investing in 4L Com domains. A budget of $500 to $1000 would be a solid starting point.

DasRaven

Reaction score
To clarify, I have generated around $40k from domaining alone. 4L Com refers to four-letter Com domains such as besd.com, gste.com, Ruia.com, and so on. When I started selling these domains, the prices were approximately $25 to $30. However, the value of a non-premium 4L Com domain has now risen to over $100. There are numerous variations within 4L Com domains, and it may be challenging to elaborate on all of them in this comment section. I recommend that you explore the domain section on this forum or conduct a Google search. There is a prominent domaining forum, but unfortunately, I cannot mention it here as it may violate the ToS. Please stop from making immediate purchases and conduct thorough research before investing in 4L Com domains. A budget of $500 to $1000 would be a solid starting point.
Thank you for the guidance. I appreciate it, and I will take the time to research and implement your recommendations.

LoganG

Reaction score
Is it possible for someone to register a new domain and immediately resell it?

Tadeo

Reaction score
You're welcome! I'm glad you found the content helpful. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Neula

Reaction score
If you're interested in purchasing expired domains, I recommend visiting expireddomains.net and familiarizing yourself with the filters. So far, I have sold six domains that I bought for $10 and sold for $100 to $250, with most being three-word domains. All of them were .com, and one was a five-letter brandable domain.

On expireddomains.net, you can find valuable old domains for just a few cents. If they have backlinks, it's crucial to ensure that they are clean and not blacklisted before making a purchase.

Eclipse

Reaction score
Is it possible for someone to register a new domain and immediately resell it?
It's true that selling domains can be difficult, and it's a very personal process. In my opinion, the number one rule for brandable domains is the speech test. Before purchasing a domain, say it out loud to see if it makes sense or rolls off the tongue easily. This is a significant advantage.

Another useful tip is to visit wayback.org to explore the domain's history and see how many snapshots it has over the years and what kind of site it was connected to. You can also determine whether it has been offered for sale repeatedly by different sellers who drop and reacquire it, hoping to sell it. Wayback can provide you with this information.

BurgerFantasy

Reaction score
What about .co domains? I was able to acquire a 3-character .co domain at an expired auction, and it pertains to a billion-dollar government agency. Although the term is trademarked, the domain was previously used by people who were opposed to the company. I am uncertain if I should attempt to sell it to them, as I am not sure if it would be considered squatting.

Top Bottom