Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Blog Can small blogs also generate profits?

Ironsys

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Back in the day, micro-niche websites were all the rage and webmasters made good money running such blogs. However, in 2023, is it still possible to make a profit from these small blogs? Are there any limitations to owning and running them?

BuggyTeenz

Reaction score
1. Absolutely! I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I owned a small blog. I eventually sold it, and the new owner managed to make significant improvements. The blog now ranks for a wider range of keywords, and its traffic has surpassed what I achieved during my ownership. While small blogs can still be successful, it's important to note that there may be certain challenges involved. One such challenge is finding meaningful and relevant keywords, which the new owner seemingly excelled at, while I struggled in that aspect.

2.Indeed, there are limitations when it comes to small niches, with the availability of keywords being a major constraint. With fewer keywords to target, it often translates to lower traffic and potentially reduced earnings.
However, there is an advantage in exploring small niches: the lack of competition. If you come across a small niche with, let's say, a maximum of 20-30 keywords that receive at least 10 monthly visitors each, and find that none of the top 10 search results are occupied by affiliate sites targeting those keywords, you have an opportunity to be the pioneer by creating your own affiliate site. It can be advantageous to use an exact match domain (EMD) since EMDs have regained recognition from Google. By taking this approach, you can potentially dominate the search engine results pages (SERPs) for an extended period, especially if others overlook the niche due to its low traffic volumes or lack of interest.

Certainly, the challenge lies in effectively monetizing such blogs as obscure niches tend to offer fewer monetization options. During my ownership of a crafts and hobbies site, promoting an ebook proved successful since it provided valuable knowledge and guidance to enthusiasts in that particular craft. However, without an ebook, alternative strategies need to be explored. Traditional methods like AdSense may not get significant results due to limited traffic, relying on high-paying keywords and exceptionally high click-through rates (CTRs) of 20-30% to generate substantial profits.

Fortunately, there is an approach to consider. One can acquire private label rights (PLR) ebooks from defunct websites for a minimal cost, usually around $7 or as part of a membership fee, and sell them on your small blog for a higher price, such as $19.99. Even with a conservative conversion rate of 5% and attracting around 200-300 monthly visitors, the ebook sales alone could generate approximately $200 per month, surpassing the potential earnings from AdSense.

Regardless, the main point is that small blogs can still be successful, especially with the resurgence of exact match domains (EMDs). By identifying even just one untapped small niche each month, where there are no existing affiliate sites in the top 10 search results, you can generate a decent income for an extended period. Setting up 10-15 such sites per year, assuming a conservative revenue of $50 per site per month, can result in easy earnings of $500 or more per month. While it may not be a substantial amount, not everyone aims to become wealthy through SEO. For some, earning $200-300 per month is more than satisfactory.

The beauty of this approach is its simplicity. Once you establish these sites, typically comprising 10-12 content pages, you can set the domains to auto-renew for the next five years and essentially leave them untouched unless they drop from the search engine results pages (SERPs). This way, it becomes an effortless source of income that requires minimal maintenance.

Ironsys

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
1. Absolutely! I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I owned a small blog. I eventually sold it, and the new owner managed to make significant improvements. The blog now ranks for a wider range of keywords, and its traffic has surpassed what I achieved during my ownership. While small blogs can still be successful, it's important to note that there may be certain challenges involved. One such challenge is finding meaningful and relevant keywords, which the new owner seemingly excelled at, while I struggled in that aspect.

2.Indeed, there are limitations when it comes to small niches, with the availability of keywords being a major constraint. With fewer keywords to target, it often translates to lower traffic and potentially reduced earnings.
However, there is an advantage in exploring small niches: the lack of competition. If you come across a small niche with, let's say, a maximum of 20-30 keywords that receive at least 10 monthly visitors each, and find that none of the top 10 search results are occupied by affiliate sites targeting those keywords, you have an opportunity to be the pioneer by creating your own affiliate site. It can be advantageous to use an exact match domain (EMD) since EMDs have regained recognition from Google. By taking this approach, you can potentially dominate the search engine results pages (SERPs) for an extended period, especially if others overlook the niche due to its low traffic volumes or lack of interest.

Certainly, the challenge lies in effectively monetizing such blogs as obscure niches tend to offer fewer monetization options. During my ownership of a crafts and hobbies site, promoting an ebook proved successful since it provided valuable knowledge and guidance to enthusiasts in that particular craft. However, without an ebook, alternative strategies need to be explored. Traditional methods like AdSense may not get significant results due to limited traffic, relying on high-paying keywords and exceptionally high click-through rates (CTRs) of 20-30% to generate substantial profits.

Fortunately, there is an approach to consider. One can acquire private label rights (PLR) ebooks from defunct websites for a minimal cost, usually around $7 or as part of a membership fee, and sell them on your small blog for a higher price, such as $19.99. Even with a conservative conversion rate of 5% and attracting around 200-300 monthly visitors, the ebook sales alone could generate approximately $200 per month, surpassing the potential earnings from AdSense.

Regardless, the main point is that small blogs can still be successful, especially with the resurgence of exact match domains (EMDs). By identifying even just one untapped small niche each month, where there are no existing affiliate sites in the top 10 search results, you can generate a decent income for an extended period. Setting up 10-15 such sites per year, assuming a conservative revenue of $50 per site per month, can result in easy earnings of $500 or more per month. While it may not be a substantial amount, not everyone aims to become wealthy through SEO. For some, earning $200-300 per month is more than satisfactory.

The beauty of this approach is its simplicity. Once you establish these sites, typically comprising 10-12 content pages, you can set the domains to auto-renew for the next five years and essentially leave them untouched unless they drop from the search engine results pages (SERPs). This way, it becomes an effortless source of income that requires minimal maintenance.
Can you tell me how to make it better? For instance, if the blog is already focused on a very specific topic, how can we add more content? It seems like most topics have already been covered quickly.

BuggyTeenz

Reaction score
He discovered extra specific keywords that I couldn't find... or maybe I found them but didn't think they were important because they didn't have much traffic. However, when I see the keywords he's ranking for, some of them are new to me. I don't know how he found them, but good job to him.

Ironsys

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
You should keep an eye on him more. For example, if he's using Adsense on his blog, you can find other blogs he owns that also use Adsense by using third-party sites or tools on Google.

BuggyTeenz

Reaction score
No, I'm fine! I don't have anything to gain from spying on my partners. There are plenty of untargeted keywords out there that you can use to create sites and make money, if you're patient and dedicated enough to find them. :)

Nateli

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It's not worth my time making these small blogs. The earnings are limited, and they won't attract serious buyers who pay big money. Big websites fetch higher amounts when we sell them.

PunkMega

Reaction score
These days, I hardly see any micro-niche websites, or there are very few of them.

Poolab

Reaction score
I believe it's more profitable to run several micro-niche blogs. With just one site, there isn't much money, especially if you rely on Adsense.

Natela

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe it's more profitable to run several micro-niche blogs. With just one site, there isn't much money, especially if you rely on Adsense.
Yes, by doing that, you can use the same hosting package for many blogs, which lowers the cost for each site.

Talkst

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I take care of writing content every day for a client's small blog about backyard farming. My client says the money from ads on the site is sufficient to pay me. I think if your audience finds your practical how-to articles helpful, they'll keep coming back for more, regardless of the blog's size.

Vegantech

Reaction score
I take care of writing content every day for a client's small blog about backyard farming. My client says the money from ads on the site is sufficient to pay me. I think if your audience finds your practical how-to articles helpful, they'll keep coming back for more, regardless of the blog's size.
Did you check out the site and see how it's earning money?

Coanetq

Reaction score
Tiny specialized websites aren't trendy anymore. Even on Google, you won't see these types of sites ranking high anymore. Google prefers big, authoritative blogs for important keywords.

LinTaru

Reaction score
To make good money with Adsense on a micro niche site, the niche matters a lot. It's possible with niches like tech and crypto, but for most general topics, Adsense pays very little.

KixSpecials

Reaction score
Yes, small blogs can make money. However, managing multiple micro-niche blogs can be even more profitable.

TrainEdit

Reaction score
Definitely!

There are tiny blogs that zoom in on promoting Amazon products.

However, starting last year, Google has been tough on these super-focused affiliate blogs.

If you're planning to start one now, remember this.

I'm not saying you shouldn't, but consider other ways to make money too.

Maybe offer courses or digital products.

DasRaven

Reaction score
Having many ways to make money on one blog increases its chances of being sold.

Airship

Reaction score
It's tough to get small niche blogs to rank well. It's easier to do this on a good expired domain. You should review the previous data on the expired domain and find areas the previous owner didn't focus on.

TwilightWise

Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest it. Small blogs aren't making much profit these days. The earnings are low and limited, which is a big reason.

Top Bottom