Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

DN&P When looking for expired domains, is it worth considering those with only one high-quality backlink?

Elcotchoc

Reaction score
If the domain name appeals to you personally, then it might be worth considering. However, if there isn't a strong affinity or specific reason for acquiring the domain, I don't see a compelling justification for doing so.

Fateer

Reaction score
I agree with your perspective. If you are planning to build a website, it would be more beneficial to seek out another expired domain with better statistics, especially those with low Domain Rating (DR). Such domains are often available at affordable prices, making it a more cost-effective option.

LinTaru

Reaction score
I stumbled upon an expired domain that currently only has one backlink.

1.png

To summarize, you found an expired domain with only one backlink from a DR 57 blog in your target niche. Although the domain isn't very powerful, you're considering it as a better option than a new domain. You're wondering if this domain can be a good start and if it will spare you from the sandbox. You're also questioning whether Ahrefs is being too harsh in giving the domain a DR of only 0.1 despite having a good backlink. You're seeking opinions on these matters.

Cropol

Reaction score
I stumbled upon an expired domain that currently only has one backlink.

View attachment 28090

To summarize, you found an expired domain with only one backlink from a DR 57 blog in your target niche. Although the domain isn't very powerful, you're considering it as a better option than a new domain. You're wondering if this domain can be a good start and if it will spare you from the sandbox. You're also questioning whether Ahrefs is being too harsh in giving the domain a DR of only 0.1 despite having a good backlink. You're seeking opinions on these matters.
The process of sandboxing for websites is not governed by any specific rules or guidelines. However, it is generally observed that aged domains tend to avoid being sandboxed when ownership or hosting is changed. It's worth noting that even if a domain has been expired for a significant period, there is still a possibility of it being sandboxed.

Furthermore, having just one backlink does not significantly impact your rankings or provide a headstart in terms of search engine optimization. For a backlink to have a substantial effect, it would typically need to be of high quality and come from a reputable source such as a prominent website like NBC. However, even with such a backlink, it is unlikely to prevent sandboxing or significantly influence your rankings.

Now about backlink

If the backlink pointing to a domain is weak, it is understandable that Ahrefs might assign it a low Domain Rating (DR). However, even if the DR were to be as low as 10, it would not have a significant impact. This is because the calculation of DR is based on an exponential function, meaning it grows rapidly up to a certain point (e.g., around 30) and then requires increasingly stronger links to increase by just one point. While I may not fully understand the intricacies of the mathematical calculations behind DR, this explanation should provide a general understanding.

Ultimately, it is advisable not to dwell too much on the low DR and having only one backlink. If you are content with the domain you have acquired, consider restoring it if it is worth the effort. Otherwise, begin using the domain, and over time, it may naturally exit the sandbox. It's also worth noting that there is no guarantee of a domain getting sandboxed, as Google's algorithms and behaviors can be unpredictable these days.

Dataville

Reaction score
The process of sandboxing for websites is not governed by any specific rules or guidelines. However, it is generally observed that aged domains tend to avoid being sandboxed when ownership or hosting is changed. It's worth noting that even if a domain has been expired for a significant period, there is still a possibility of it being sandboxed.

Furthermore, having just one backlink does not significantly impact your rankings or provide a headstart in terms of search engine optimization. For a backlink to have a substantial effect, it would typically need to be of high quality and come from a reputable source such as a prominent website like NBC. However, even with such a backlink, it is unlikely to prevent sandboxing or significantly influence your rankings.

Now about backlink

If the backlink pointing to a domain is weak, it is understandable that Ahrefs might assign it a low Domain Rating (DR). However, even if the DR were to be as low as 10, it would not have a significant impact. This is because the calculation of DR is based on an exponential function, meaning it grows rapidly up to a certain point (e.g., around 30) and then requires increasingly stronger links to increase by just one point. While I may not fully understand the intricacies of the mathematical calculations behind DR, this explanation should provide a general understanding.

Ultimately, it is advisable not to dwell too much on the low DR and having only one backlink. If you are content with the domain you have acquired, consider restoring it if it is worth the effort. Otherwise, begin using the domain, and over time, it may naturally exit the sandbox. It's also worth noting that there is no guarantee of a domain getting sandboxed, as Google's algorithms and behaviors can be unpredictable these days.
I plan to restore one or two domains and evaluate their performance to determine which one shows better results. Thank you for your response.

As an example, I have another domain with a Domain Rating (DR) of 25. It has a significant number of relevant pages preserved on web archives. However, I discovered that it was subjected to spammy links during a brief period, even though those undesirable links no longer exist.

Dularket

Reaction score
I would advise against going for that particular domain. Instead, I recommend taking the time to search for and discover better domains. By patiently hunting for domains, you increase your chances of finding ones that offer more advantages and potential benefits. Rushing into acquiring a domain that doesn't provide any significant advantages may not be the most fruitful approach.

Elcotchoc

Reaction score
I have decided not to register that domain as there are numerous better options available. For instance:

1.JPG

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Top Bottom