Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Suspended and seized domain?

Cowiese

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Due to a court order, some of my domains that were hosted on different servers were recently shut down and taken away. One of the hosts in question is orange, which, as an offshore host, usually doesn't help people who want to blow the whistle.

But I was told that they can't do anything about court orders that involve domain seizure.

But I've seen that some domains in the order that I don't own haven't been shut down.

Does anyone know how this could be possible?

Papilti

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It all depends on the registrar and domain agency that manages the specific TLD; for example, if it's a.com domain, feds will simply go directly to the company that handles it.
You should only use TLDs that have not been banned; all domain registrars must follow the laws that govern their country's formation.

Cowiese

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It all depends on the registrar and domain agency that manages the specific TLD; for example, if it's a.com domain, feds will simply go directly to the company that handles it.
You should only use TLDs that have not been banned; all domain registrars must follow the laws that govern their country's formation.
Non-suspended domains include.co and.io, which are both protected by ICANN regulations; one registrar is namesilo, which is not offshore and usually cooperates with reports.
I'm trying to figure out how it's possible that the domains haven't been suspended under these circumstances.

Iwanterda

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
A domain registrar is largely uninterested in you. They will comply if they receive a court order.
That is correct for a court order issued in the same country as the domain registrar, with the exception of EU and US courts, which no one wants to mess with.
If the domains that are not seized are not.com (or any tld operated by a company/organization outside the US/EU), they may ignore the order or simply have not yet complied. If it is a third-world country, it may be completely ignored.
I operate my business (selling domains/hosting) outside of the United States and the European Union, but I will strictly adhere to any court order issued by the United States or the European Union.

Messagene

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
A domain registrar is largely uninterested in you. They will comply if they receive a court order.
That is correct for a court order issued in the same country as the domain registrar, with the exception of EU and US courts, which no one wants to mess with.
If the domains that are not seized are not.com (or any tld operated by a company/organization outside the US/EU), they may ignore the order or simply have not yet complied. If it is a third-world country, it may be completely ignored.
I operate my business (selling domains/hosting) outside of the United States and the European Union, but I will strictly adhere to any court order issued by the United States or the European Union.
May I ask if it was a website for streaming movies?

Miny2hot

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't host such content on your server again. It's the most secure. Include a disclaimer about that as well.
This domain's owner, for example, is on vacation. Sorry, but you cannot contact us about the content on this page. Then include something like, "We do not host any content here." Thank you for your patience.
Do not use the exact word.

Top Bottom