Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

D&P Is the term "Premium Domain" a fraudulent scheme employed by domain registrars?

Cruistyzx

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, I discovered a completely unique domain that no one else could have thought of. When I conducted a username search, I discovered that the domain name was available on all social media platforms, confirming its uniqueness.

I added the domain to my cart and started working on my website offline. However, today, when I tried to purchase the domain, I noticed that Namecheap classified it as a "Premium Domain," with a price tag of over $3,000.

I was shocked, so I checked Godaddy and discovered the same message. Is it possible that these domain registrars keep track of our domain lookup history to sell similar domains at higher prices in the future?

Marysis

Reaction score
To ensure you are not taken advantage of, it is advisable to assume that all platforms, or at least some of them, have the possibility of releasing a domain name for sale. This mindset will help you avoid any potential negative outcomes.

Regarding the release of unsold domain names, it is true that some platforms may choose to release them after a certain period of time, typically if they remain unsold for an extended duration. However, specific policies and practices can vary across platforms, so it's recommended to familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of each platform you are using to understand their specific release policies.

Bigan

Reaction score
You can verify the availability of a domain by checking its WHOIS information. However, in response to your question, the "premium" tag itself is not a scam, but it can be misleading.

FinestNyc

Reaction score
In the past, I registered the domain names payoneer.net and payoneer.info. During my initial research, it appeared that both domains were available. However, to my surprise, when I conducted a second search shortly after, I discovered that they had been taken within the same hour or on the same date as my initial research. This experience led me to stop using GoDaddy for domain registration.

Excunian

Reaction score
I have encountered similar situations multiple times over the years, with the first occurrence happening back in 2014. To avoid this issue, I have developed a practice of conducting domain research using smaller registrars and subsequently purchasing the domains through GoDaddy.

It appears that larger registrars may employ an algorithm that automatically acquires or holds domains upon lookup, especially based on specific phrases or keywords.

Wilru

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but as an AI language model, I don't have real-time information or access to specific domain names or their current prices. I cannot verify or provide details about specific domain names or their current values. My purpose is to provide general information and assist with language-related queries.

Top Bottom