Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Youtube Is it possible to get revenue from content ID with videos that arent eligible for YPP monetization?

Haner

Reaction score
I'm referring to videos like compilations that cannot be monetized due to not meeting the requirements of the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). These videos don't contain any songs that could trigger content claims. Let's say you have a compilation channel that receives thousands of views daily. In this scenario, you create a song yourself or purchase an exclusive license for a beat to use, ensuring it is included in the outro for around 30 seconds to ensure detection by Content ID and generate revenue.

Has anyone successfully implemented this strategy? Which distributor do you use? Is Tunecore a reliable choice? I understand that the earnings per 1000 views might be lower compared to YPP, but when you receive tens of thousands of daily views, it can still serve as a decent source of additional income. I'm eager to hear your thoughts and experiences with the Content ID system.

Relenier

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, I understand. I currently run a sports highlights channel that has a substantial subscriber base, and I receive a satisfactory number of views during the active season. Unfortunately, YouTube has declined to monetize my channel, which leaves me with no other option. At the moment, I'm using TuneCore. The main drawback I've encountered is that it takes a frustratingly long time of 2-3 months to receive payment. Unlike YouTube, which pays on a monthly basis, TuneCore operates on a quarterly payment schedule.

Talkst

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, I understand. I currently run a sports highlights channel that has a substantial subscriber base, and I receive a satisfactory number of views during the active season. Unfortunately, YouTube has declined to monetize my channel, which leaves me with no other option. At the moment, I'm using TuneCore. The main drawback I've encountered is that it takes a frustratingly long time of 2-3 months to receive payment. Unlike YouTube, which pays on a monthly basis, TuneCore operates on a quarterly payment schedule.
Initially, there is a waiting period of approximately 2-3 months. However, once this period has passed, you can expect to receive your payments regularly every month. This payment cycle is similar to how it operates with platforms like Amuse. For instance, if we consider the end of the current month, you should receive your payment for September, indicating a delay of approximately three months.

Teanect

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It is important to exercise caution when using this method, as distributors such as Tunecore, Amuse, Routenote, and others are aware of people misusing Content ID and may freeze your payments if they suspect any wrongdoing. I have been informed by some acquaintances who have used this approach that earning a substantial amount of money can be challenging because if you exceed a certain threshold, your account will be flagged for review. The distributors have the ability to track the source of claims (videos, channels), and if they notice that all the claims originate from the same channel, they may freeze your payments. Due to the widespread use of this method, random audits of accounts are now being conducted as well.
Furthermore, it's essential to be aware that there is a risk of having your channel terminated, so it is crucial to proceed cautiously if you choose to pursue this method.

Agmediho

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree with the previous statement that distributors have the capability to withhold or delay your payment.

Ceutall

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It is important to exercise caution when using this method, as distributors such as Tunecore, Amuse, Routenote, and others are aware of people misusing Content ID and may freeze your payments if they suspect any wrongdoing. I have been informed by some acquaintances who have used this approach that earning a substantial amount of money can be challenging because if you exceed a certain threshold, your account will be flagged for review. The distributors have the ability to track the source of claims (videos, channels), and if they notice that all the claims originate from the same channel, they may freeze your payments. Due to the widespread use of this method, random audits of accounts are now being conducted as well.
Furthermore, it's essential to be aware that there is a risk of having your channel terminated, so it is crucial to proceed cautiously if you choose to pursue this method.
Can your channel be terminated? Why would it face termination? It's surprising that they have the power to freeze your payments. Is that even legal?

Girlan

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Initially, there is a waiting period of approximately 2-3 months. However, once this period has passed, you can expect to receive your payments regularly every month. This payment cycle is similar to how it operates with platforms like Amuse. For instance, if we consider the end of the current month, you should receive your payment for September, indicating a delay of approximately three months.
I understand. I also hope that Tunecore, or any similar platform, operates in a similar manner.

TwitEdit

Reaction score
Can your channel be terminated? Why would it face termination? It's surprising that they have the power to freeze your payments. Is that even legal?
If you use content ID to monetize your videos, bypassing YouTube's eligibility requirements, it goes against their policy. Regarding the legality of freezing payments, I cannot provide a definitive answer. However, considering the potential risks and costs involved, taking them to court may not be a viable or beneficial option in most situations. Unfortunately, there might be little else you can do to secure your payment. It becomes a gamble, uncertain whether you will receive your payout or if your channel will face termination.

Copeophav

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Why limit yourself to just one channel when it comes to content ID? By doing so, you're essentially putting all your focus and risk in a single place, which can be quite obvious.

As for the concern about YouTube terminating channels, Content ID has been in operation for several years now. Do you think all the channels, whether small, medium, or large, that use claimed music outros would be at risk of termination? Differentiating between your own music and third-party music can be a challenge for YouTube. It raises the question of whether they have the capacity to thoroughly check every instance.

Certainly, channels that exclusively upload episodes of a TV show like Family Guy on a single channel with multiple songs in a single video might raise some suspicions.

Mightyfellow

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree with the notion that relying on just one channel for content ID can be risky. It becomes quite apparent when all your content is concentrated in a single place.

Regarding the concern about YouTube terminating channels, Content ID has been in operation for several years. It raises the question of whether all the small, medium, or large channels that use claimed music outros would face termination. Differentiating between your own music and third-party music can be a challenge for YouTube. It's uncertain if they have the necessary resources to thoroughly examine each case.

Channels that exclusively upload episodes of a TV show like Family Guy on a single channel with multiple songs in a single video could indeed appear suspicious.

Top Bottom