gifd

Im learning Python, how am I doing?

MagicGurl

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been contemplating the idea of creating my own bots for a while now. Recently, I finally took a leap of faith and purchased a Python course on Udemy titled "100 Days of Code" (https://www.udemy.com/course/100-days-of-code/). My intention was to learn Python at least at a beginner level within 100 days. However, I've been finding it challenging to stay consistent and study software every day. Although I managed to watch the videos for the first three days, by the fourth day, I started to lose motivation and found it difficult to continue daily. The logical thinking required for algorithms and problem-solving is proving to be quite difficult for me.

To achieve the level of proficiency I desire in software development and beyond, I'm seeking guidance on the path I should follow. Should I consider taking notes in a notebook or adopting another method to reinforce what I've learned? I sometimes wonder if software development is suitable for everyone, given my struggles.

Please provide assistance on how I can progress without getting bored or demotivated with coding.

PanetCute

Reaction score
This is the path I took when I started, and now I consider myself an advanced python programmer:

• To begin, it's crucial to have a genuine passion for programming and a strong desire to learn, understanding the real-world benefits it brings. If you lack this passion, it's better to reconsider your path.
  • Instead of focusing on basic theoretical learning like memorizing ABCs or taking quizzes in an online course, I suggest envisioning a project you genuinely want to create.
  • As an illustration, let's say you aim to develop a bot that can log in to Facebook using a list of account details stored in a CSV file and then post content in a group. Remember, this is just one possible example.
  • Now that you have a specific goal in mind, a concrete objective, achieving it will keep you motivated to learn more. During the process, you'll naturally acquire a wide range of additional skills, generating new ideas and goals along with newfound motivation.
  • Conversely, if you stick to courses that merely teach you how to print 'hello world' or provide overly simplistic and unchallenging quizzes, you'll never truly become a proficient programmer.
It's worth mentioning that despite not having studied programming at a university, I've reached a senior programmer level. Interestingly, many of my friends hold master's degrees or even Ph.Ds. in computer science, yet they often struggle to find practical applications for their knowledge.

TearStories

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been contemplating the idea of creating my own bots for a while now. Recently, I finally took a leap of faith and purchased a Python course on Udemy titled "100 Days of Code" (https://www.udemy.com/course/100-days-of-code/). My intention was to learn Python at least at a beginner level within 100 days. However, I've been finding it challenging to stay consistent and study software every day. Although I managed to watch the videos for the first three days, by the fourth day, I started to lose motivation and found it difficult to continue daily. The logical thinking required for algorithms and problem-solving is proving to be quite difficult for me.

To achieve the level of proficiency I desire in software development and beyond, I'm seeking guidance on the path I should follow. Should I consider taking notes in a notebook or adopting another method to reinforce what I've learned? I sometimes wonder if software development is suitable for everyone, given my struggles.

Please provide assistance on how I can progress without getting bored or demotivated with coding.
I regret to inform you that without finding satisfaction in this career, completing any projects will be a challenge, as it requires substantial energy. Overcoming difficulties will not be a simple task, and you may encounter obstacles that nobody can assist you with.

Girlan

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Experiment with ChatGPT and use its assistance in crafting a straightforward Python script. The experience becomes more intimate, akin to having a personal tutor.

Bitsubio

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I regret to inform you that without finding satisfaction in this career, completing any projects will be a challenge, as it requires substantial energy. Overcoming difficulties will not be a simple task, and you may encounter obstacles that nobody can assist you with.
I had hoped to enjoy it, but upon entering, I came to realize that my aspirations of learning were rather challenging.

SlyGrinder

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Experiment with ChatGPT and use its assistance in crafting a straightforward Python script. The experience becomes more intimate, akin to having a personal tutor.
I will make an attempt, and I appreciate your gratitude.

ShayIama

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The reality is that coding, like any other job, can lead to stagnation if you don't find joy in it. Nonetheless, everyone faces challenges at the start, making mistakes is normal, and what matters is persevering through them. If you eventually realize that coding isn't your passion, explore other options; numerous opportunities exist to earn a living beyond coding.

Endurgy

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
If you're interested in using Python for creating bots, take a look at automatetheboringstuff.com.

PurpleSublime

Reaction score
The reality is that coding, like any other job, can lead to stagnation if you don't find joy in it. Nonetheless, everyone faces challenges at the start, making mistakes is normal, and what matters is persevering through them. If you eventually realize that coding isn't your passion, explore other options; numerous opportunities exist to earn a living beyond coding.

I'll keep practicing, and hopefully, I'll find it enjoyable enough to stick with it. Despite exploring various money-making methods, my scattered interests have kept me from diving deep into a specific field. I'm thinking of starting with software development.

13,169Threads
27,697Messages
3,836Members
gurshajLatest member