Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

DN&P If I were to purchase an expired domain, how would I go about redirecting all of the links associated with it?

WalkerWunder

Reaction score
Suppose I purchase an old domain, how can I redirect all the links associated with it, including those that I may not even be aware of? For instance, let's say there was an inner link on oldomain.com such as oldomain.com/googlemakemoney.html, but I was not aware of its existence. After purchasing the domain, how can I ensure that I do not waste any traffic associated with that link or any other unknown links? Is it possible to redirect them to a related Google page or to my homepage?

Kobelli

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
While it may be challenging to uncover all the backlinks, using tools such as SEMrush or Ahrefs should provide sufficient assistance in this regard.

Gneissm

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
If you are in the process of rebuilding an old domain, it is advisable to use 404 to 301 redirects. This approach ensures that any 404 error pages are redirected to the intended target page.

Alternatively, if your intention is to redirect the entire domain, implementing a 301 redirect for the entire domain will automatically redirect all the links to the new site.

IdealCert

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
If you are in the process of rebuilding an old domain, it is advisable to use 404 to 301 redirects. This approach ensures that any 404 error pages are redirected to the intended target page.

Alternatively, if your intention is to redirect the entire domain, implementing a 301 redirect for the entire domain will automatically redirect all the links to the new site.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your incredibly helpful response. I'll make an effort to discover the process of implementing 301 and 404 redirects on my own.

Facent

Reaction score
You can use the Wayback Machine to locate previous versions of pages on your website. From there, you can recreate those pages based on the archived content.

Alternatively, you can rebuild your site, aiming to include as many pages as possible, and then employ a backlink checker tool such as SEMRush or AHREFs. This will help you identify broken incoming links, allowing you to pinpoint the specific pages that need to be recreated.

Top Bottom