Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

DN&P I have a question about hosting and registering domain names through offshore providers.

Goodcoco

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have an idea for a website that I'm interested in creating. However, for certain reasons, it needs to be hosted offshore. The issue is that the domain name I want to use is registered under my name and address.

Has anyone here built an offshore website while still using a domain that is registered to them personally?

Opscertag

Reaction score
It may be advisable to consider registering a domain under someone else's name or using WHOIS protection to safeguard your privacy. However, the decision should ultimately depend on your specific circumstances and the nature of your activities or business.

Facerens

Reaction score
Do I have domain privacy enabled? Would that offer sufficient protection?

Adtecarmp

Reaction score
Do I have domain privacy enabled? Would that offer sufficient protection?
The level of protection provided by domain privacy depends on the specific purpose for which the domain will be used. Consider whether the circumstances would be significant enough for law enforcement to issue a subpoena to your domain registrar in order to obtain your actual information.

Lunatoury

Reaction score
Considering the insignificance of the matter, I fail to understand the necessity for offshore hosting. However, in the case of hosting or engaging in activities involving potentially illegal imagery, I assume the first action taken would be to issue a cease and desist notice. Personally, I would prefer not to have my name associated with anything that could result in substantial imprisonment. While I can handle fines, being incarcerated would be a considerable inconvenience. Unless you're involved in the sale of personal civilian data or a similar activity, I would recommend opting for offshore hosting coupled with privacy measures.

Airship

Reaction score

If your objective is to maintain anonymity and avoid providing any personal information such as your address or name, you have the option to use services that do not require such data. Payment can be made anonymously and securely. If you prefer to have an "Offshore Domain," you can consider making payments with cryptocurrencies and use platforms like njal.la, which are known for prioritizing privacy. Both options offer safety, but I would suggest opting for a country code top-level domain (ccTLD) over a generic top-level domain (TLD). ccTLDs are generally considered more secure and provide increased safety. However, it's worth noting that domains with a .org extension can be more challenging to seize.

Editorksta

Reaction score
I was informed that .is domains may not be as secure as they were in the past due to recent law changes. It has been suggested that domain registrars offering privacy services can potentially take ownership of your domain since it would be registered under their name. This situation is somewhat similar to the services provided by njalla. As for the safety of .is domains in April 2022, it is difficult to provide an accurate assessment without specific details on the changes in the law and their implications.

In terms of being a good top-level domain (TLD), the suitability of .is domains depends on your specific requirements and concerns regarding privacy and security. It's worth noting that .ru and .su domains are associated with Russian entities, and their security may differ from that of .is domains.

Regarding .cr domains, they are considered a popular choice for privacy-conscious people. However, the level of security and anonymity they offer can vary depending on the registrar you choose. To obtain an anonymous .cr domain, you can explore reputable domain registrars that prioritize privacy and offer anonymous registration services. Conducting thorough research and reading reviews can help you find a registrar that meets your specific needs.

PanetCute

Reaction score
The suitability of a particular domain extension depends on various factors such as the nature of your website, its content, and the country you reside in.

Currently, considering the ongoing conflict and its implications, .ru domains could be considered a viable option.

It is advantageous to have domain registration in the name of hosting providers like Flokinet or Njal.la. This ensures that your personal information is not associated with the domain, and only IP address, email, and payment details are reveald.

It's important to distinguish between TLDs (top-level domains) and ccTLDs (country code top-level domains). ccTLDs are specific to country domain names.

Considering the current circumstances, .ru is a viable option, but it's crucial to purchase from a reputable and anonymous source. Additionally, .cr is an excellent alternative with no reported instances of domain seizures so far, although it is not an easy task to seize a .cr domain.

On the other hand, .su domains are particularly challenging to seize unless there is widespread international involvement.

Based on the information provided, .cr seems like a suitable choice for you. However, it's always a good idea to have a backup domain in case of unforeseen circumstances. While .is is also a viable option, the recommendation from Flokinet indicates their expertise in this matter. Nonetheless, you can still explore .is domains as they offer better privacy than .com or .net domains.

For further guidance on obtaining anonymous .ru or .su domains, please refer to my previous feedback where I provided alternative sources that do not require ID passport verification.

WetSizzlin

Reaction score
If you are opting for offshore hosting due to legal considerations, the decision to associate your real identity with the domain depends on the specific circumstances. If you prefer to maintain anonymity, consider using an alternate name for registration. Here's a suggested approach:

1. Use Whonix/TOR for enhanced privacy.
  2. Make anonymous cryptocurrency payments, preferably using Monero.
  3. Provide anonymous registrant details during domain registration.
  4. Choose a domain extension that allows for Whois protection to safeguard your personal information.
  5. Select a domain registrar and extension from a country that offers the best legal jurisdiction for your particular situation.
Remember to always comply with the relevant laws and regulations to ensure you operate within the legal boundaries.

Top Bottom