Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Does having a Fiverr/Upwork account based in the US differ from having one based in your local region?

Msects

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has tried working with a Fiverr/Upwork account based in the US compared to their original country? In my case, I am not sure if it's related to having a US Fiverr/Upwork account, or just because I haven't been dedicating as much time to these platforms as I used to. I have noticed that Fiverr changed the country associated with my account from the US to my actual country, and since then, I haven't been receiving as many orders as I used to. Do you think this is related to the change in account country, or just the decrease in the amount of time I have been working on these platforms?

Rhytocen

Reaction score
The country associated with your account is determined automatically based on the locations from which you access Fiverr/Upwork while browsing.

BlackP

Reaction score
Geo location will not have any effect, but the reason for the insufficient sales is the increased competitiveness of Fiverr compared to the past.

SisterHippo

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has tried working with a Fiverr/Upwork account based in the US compared to their original country? In my case, I am not sure if it's related to having a US Fiverr/Upwork account, or just because I haven't been dedicating as much time to these platforms as I used to. I have noticed that Fiverr changed the country associated with my account from the US to my actual country, and since then, I haven't been receiving as many orders as I used to. Do you think this is related to the change in account country, or just the decrease in the amount of time I have been working on these platforms?
Indeed, that's what I observed. I believe it wasn't like this previously, as I set it up using a US VPS, and it remained that way for quite some time until the last few months. However, it has now switched to showing my current country while browsing.

Hmm, yeah, I'll attempt to revise the description and observe the outcome :D

Frantsto

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Indeed, that's what I observed. I believe it wasn't like this previously, as I set it up using a US VPS, and it remained that way for quite some time until the last few months. However, it has now switched to showing my current country while browsing.

Hmm, yeah, I'll attempt to revise the description and observe the outcome :D
Fiverr closely monitors new accounts, particularly those originating from first-world countries. Even if you initially create an account using a VPN and later log in from your actual IP address, Fiverr may still detect and update your account's country after a while. To resolve this, it is recommended to create the account using a residential IP and continue using the same IP address. You can find monthly services that offer residential IPs for this purpose.

Top Bottom