Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

LSEO Case Study: How Compass Points Affect GMB Positioning

Ivanteli

Reaction score
About six months back, my mother started a tailoring salon in the downtown area. Given my interest in internet marketing, I took charge of promoting her business, which included creating a GMB listing. I ensured that the listing was of high quality, added NAP links to it, registered the business in local directories, and followed all standard practices for promoting a local business.

I believed that I was doing a decent job, but my perception changed recently when a black hat marketer offered me a free GMB scan. Thanks to this kind gesture, I discovered the following:

1.png

Here's my ranking for different parts of the city. If it's below 3, my business is hardly visible, if at all. To put it simply, my rankings are not good.

Upon researching, I found that "Direction Requests" are a significant factor in GMB rankings. So, I decided to conduct a case study using a map that's ideal for this purpose.

Over the next 3 months, I'll be asking for directions to my business and driving there from various locations. Of course, I won't be using my phone to do this. Instead, I'll be picking up friends and driving to the business, staying there for a few minutes, and then leaving. I'll have my phone on Airplane mode during these trips.

I'll keep things random and update you in the comments after each trip, noting details like gender, whether the request was made from home or a mobile device, and the type of phone used (iPhone, Android, etc.). Sometimes, I'll even ask my friends to leave a review after visiting.

These trips will be at random intervals, but I expect to have 50 or more people visit by the end of March. Afterward, I'll run the same test again and post a screenshot similar to the one above. Let's see if we can improve those rankings!

DayGuru

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Can you provide a weekly update? I'm keeping an eye on the progress.

Molotov

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
In the past, someone attempted a similar strategy using their own fleet of phones, which, of course, had some drawbacks in terms of leaving a larger footprint and requiring significant capital investment. However, you could potentially explore using local classifieds to enhance your approach. Considering that many young people have access to smartphones and may be willing to earn a few bucks by walking short distances, it could be an appealing option. Additionally, there's room to be more unconventional in your approach by listing free items on classifieds and instructing people to meet you in front of a particular business—given the prevalent use of GPS navigation these days.

Top Bottom