Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Web-H Can you recommend the best control panel for a VPS server with 4GB of RAM and 2vCPU?

Catec

Reaction score
I'm seeking a recommendation for a control panel suitable for my VPS server, which will primarily host WordPress sites. The ideal control panel should have low resource requirements, support both Apache and NGINX web servers, and fall within a budget of up to $5 per month. It should be user-friendly, perform well, remain stable, and be specifically optimized for WordPress sites. Since I lack technical expertise, your suggestion will greatly help me in selecting the most suitable control panel for my needs. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

MagicGurl

Reaction score
I'm not certain if I can assist you with this, but you could consider using VEPP as a potential solution for your needs. VEPP is a user-friendly control panel that handles various tasks, which may be suitable for someone who isn't technically inclined. You can ask with VEPP about your specific requirements, particularly regarding the panel you mentioned.

For setting up NGINX or Apache without using a control panel, it is possible to configure them manually. However, if you prefer using a control panel, both cPanel and Plesk support NGINX and Apache. The question is whether you require a control panel for managing your VPS. With a control panel, you can set up and manage your 10 WordPress sites easily. Alternatively, you can explore options like ISPConfig or use the panel provided by your VPS provider.

Given your budget constraints, it might be challenging to find a suitable solution. However, if you consider increasing your budget to around $20 to $30, you can host your VPS with providers like DigitalOcean or others and obtain a shared cPanel license. Cloudways is another option worth exploring, starting at $10.

It's important to note that DigitalOcean blocks the SMTP/Email port, so be sure to ask with your chosen VPS provider about this restriction, especially if your customers require email functionality with their own domain names.

MdoggMister

Reaction score
I appreciate your gratitude and I'm glad I could offer some suggestions for a control panel. To address your question, VEPP panel does support both Apache and NGINX, providing the flexibility you need. Considering your budget limitation of $5 for a control panel, it may be challenging to find a suitable option that meets your requirements. Since you're currently using the Plesk web admin plan, you could consider exploring alternative control panels that offer lower cost options. This would allow you to switch and reduce the expenses associated with your panel while maintaining the desired functionality for your VPS server.

Mountaili

Reaction score
Apologies for any confusion earlier. If you already have a VPS server, you may consider obtaining a shared license for a control panel. There are options available, but the cost may be slightly higher at around $7 without setup fees. It's recommended to check with the specific providers for more details and pricing information.

Regarding VEPP, it does support both Apache and NGINX. However, it's worth noting that for the installation of VEPP, a fresh VPS may be required. You can refer to the documentation provided, specifically pages 15-16, for more guidance. Here is the link to the platform documentation.

Additionally, you can find a comparison between VEPP, cPanel, and Plesk on their website. This information may assist you in making a decision based on your specific requirements.

Considering your role as a developer, freelancer, or web designer, VEPP might be a suitable choice due to its ability to provide SaaS services. On the other hand, if you are a system/server administrator who prefers working with command line interfaces, control panels like cPanel, Plesk, or ISPConfig may be more suitable.

I hope this information helps you make a decision. Remember to consider the pros and cons of each option and choose the one that aligns best with your needs.

Poolab

Reaction score
If you are using DigitalOcean, you can use Plesk for free with their 2-core 4GB plan. I recommend looking into this option for more details. Another viable choice to consider is AA Panel, which is a good control panel alternative. Thank you for the suggestion.

Proudel

Reaction score
I overlooked mentioning aaPanel earlier. Thank you for reminding me about it. aaPanel is indeed another viable option to consider as a control panel for your VPS server.

Readdi

Reaction score
Is a Shared License considered safe? If it is safe, I would prefer to choose Plesk since I am familiar with it. Can you recommend a reliable provider of safe Shared licenses?

Rockerwr

Reaction score
However, Plesk SE only supports up to three domains. Is AAPanel a reliable option? I'm not very technically proficient, so if the control panel starts displaying errors, I won't be able to fix them on the backend. Therefore, I need a stable and bug-free control panel since I purchased an unmanaged VPS and I'm looking for a good control panel solution.

SereneMans

Reaction score
That's great to know that AAPanel supports OpenLiteSpeed as well. Have you personally used this control panel before?

Top Bottom