Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Web-D Can hover effects be achieved on mobile devices?

Intricul

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a question that may seem silly, but I want to ask it so that I can get a definitive answer rather than being unsure about it in the future. Is there a way to allow visitors to my website to hover over text to view a thumbnail of what that text represents? For example, if I have a table that lists the prices for all BMW models, I would like to remove the column that displays an image of each BMW model and instead have the image of that BMW model appear as a popup or lightbox when the user hovers over the name of that model.

I know that this is a simple process for desktops using WordPress plugins, but I am unsure if it is possible to implement it on mobile devices, given that there is no mouse cursor to trigger the hovering effect. Does anyone have any insights on this matter? Please let me know.

Emporing

Reaction score
After experimenting with several plugins that offer hovering effects and shortcodes, I came to the realization that what I truly need is a plugin capable of generating tooltips. These tooltips should support HTML so that I can incorporate links to images stored in my website's media library.

I attempted to use the Hover Effects Ultimate and Shortcodes Ultimate plugins, but unfortunately, they didn't fulfill my requirements. It's possible that I might have overlooked certain functionalities, as my objective involves creating nested elements such as placing an image within a tooltip within a hovering effect within a table. I understand it's a complex task, but it's essential for my project.

I'm open to any suggestions or solutions that others may have. Perhaps I'm overcomplicating things, and there's a simpler approach I haven't considered yet.

GambitTeen

Reaction score
Elementor Pro might be a suitable solution to address your requirements.

Glamoco

Reaction score
Elementor Pro might be a suitable solution to address your requirements.
I understand your concern about the potential bloating of websites when using site builders like Elementor. You prefer to avoid them for that reason. Nonetheless, I appreciate your gratitude for the recommendation. If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, feel free to ask!

KidXcaptain

Reaction score
Have you experimented with Tippy.js?

MagazineTopic

Reaction score
Indeed, using Tippy.js could potentially add weight to your website.

Missink

Reaction score
It seems that replicating a hover effect exactly like the one on desktop devices is not practical for mobile devices. As mentioned in the original post, mobile devices do not have a mouse cursor. However, it is possible to track touch events such as touchstart and touchend, and based on the duration of the touch, you could consider it as a hover effect. However, achieving the same hover functionality as on desktop devices is simply not possible. It might work for certain tablet devices that come with a Bluetooth pen, such as the S7 Plus, but this is a niche scenario.

Furthermore, you don't necessarily need a plugin to accomplish this functionality. It can be achieved using CSS rules.

Top Bottom