Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

A blog's theme for WordPress

Drophe

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I currently have an 8-year-old WordPress blog that uses a free theme that is likely also 8 years old. Although the theme was initially designed for an Amazon affiliate website, I have adapted it for my regular blog. However, the theme's appearance is lackluster, and its code may be outdated. As such, I am considering an update to give my blog a sleeker look and feel.

Despite having planned to change the theme for 2-3 years, I have yet to make any progress. Ideally, I am looking for a simple, lightweight theme that is easy to work with, featuring standard elements such as a header, sidebar, footer, and blog posts without any extravagant features.

I have explored several free themes and have come across one that appears visually appealing: https://preview.themezee.com/?demo=maxwell

Do you have any suggestions, advice, or tips regarding my theme selection?

Relenier

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It appears that the solution to your issue may have already been provided. According to the post, you should first install the free theme and then install the premium theme as a plugin. I hope this helps!
Obviously he is a wordpress newbie.

Pathicub

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Obviously he is a wordpress newbie.
I'm not a noob. I'll have you know that I was using WordPress long before you were even born. Yeah :D

Patrism

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm not a noob. I'll have you know that I was using WordPress long before you were even born. Yeah :D

Yeah said the one who tried to upload plugin as a theme ROFL

Perontos

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I apologize for the confusion, as I initially thought this was a theme as well, not a plugin for a theme. The concept of having a theme that requires a plugin to function properly could potentially create challenges or difficulties in the future, which is a concern. However, I will still give it a try despite these potential red flags.

It is a common practice in today's theme industry to release a free theme and then offer a premium plugin add-on to generate revenue from advanced features. This is a widely accepted business model and is not unusual in any way.

Natela

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
looks terrible, move on to something else.

Iwanterda

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
If you're seeking a lightweight option, GeneratePress could be a suitable choice. They offer pre-designed templates that you can easily import if you don't want to spend time building your layout.

Messagene

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
In my opinion, that theme looked visually appealing. However, I am currently not familiar with any free themes. If you prefer a "paid" option, I can recommend using Popcorntheme, which I use on all of my sites and have been pleased with its performance so far.

Mologyst

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
If you're seeking a lightweight option, GeneratePress could be a suitable choice. They offer pre-designed templates that you can easily import if you don't want to spend time building your layout.
Nice attempt, but I'm afraid you won't get very far with hacking! :p

Instead, I suggest giving it a try. You can experiment with a demo WordPress site that you created on a different website to see if it meets your needs.

In my opinion, that theme looked visually appealing. However, I am currently not familiar with any free themes. If you prefer a "paid" option, I can recommend using Popcorntheme, which I use on all of my sites and have been pleased

I would prefer not to purchase a theme. I prefer to keep my money with me. :p

I would suggest going with GeneratePress instead. With a few modifications, it is possible to design it to look similar to https://preview.themezee.com/?demo=maxwell.

I'll give it a try...

Nituremo

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Consider using a paid theme, such as the Uncode theme. Its design is sleek and visually appealing.

Numndbl

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Consider using a paid theme, such as the Uncode theme. Its design is sleek and visually appealing.

There's no need, I prefer to keep my money with me. Thank you.

The following error occurred while trying to install the theme:

"Unpacking the package...

Installing the theme...

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme installation failed."

Polyves

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Nice attempt, but I'm afraid you won't get very far with hacking! :p

What is hacked? Nothing at all. You can ask anyone with coding knowledge to go through the original files. I only share original, untouched files and never share "nulled" material. As such, I advise against giving inexperienced people any unauthorized ideas.

Prelordtr

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
What is hacked? Nothing at all. You can ask anyone with coding knowledge to go through the original files. I only share original, untouched files and never share "nulled" material. As such, I advise against giving inexperienced people any unauthorized ideas.

I see that you're having some trouble installing the theme. The error message "The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet. Theme installation failed" usually occurs when the theme is not packaged correctly.

I recommend double-checking that you have downloaded the correct file and that the theme is packaged properly. Additionally, you can try contacting the theme's developer for support or looking for installation guides online that may help troubleshoot the issue.

Prepinfo

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I would prefer not to purchase a theme. I prefer to keep my money with me. :p
It appears that the solution to your issue may have already been provided. According to the post, you should first install the free theme and then install the premium theme as a plugin. I hope this helps!

Relaxiady

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I apologize for the confusion, as I initially thought this was a theme as well, not a plugin for a theme. The concept of having a theme that requires a plugin to function properly could potentially create challenges or difficulties in the future, which is a concern. However, I will still give it a try despite these potential red flags.

Top Bottom