Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

D&P Is it possible that Namecheap took possession of my expired domain without my permission?

SleekVulture

Reaction score
I came across an excellent expired domain with a 40DR that had dofollow backlinks from reputable news sites like nytimes, time.com, and theguardian.

When I checked for its availability on Namecheap, it was listed as available for purchase, and I managed to buy it successfully. However, I immediately received a refund within three seconds, and now the domain is no longer available.

Do you believe that Namecheap may have taken haveion of the domain without my consent?

Upilword

Reaction score
It used to be a common practice for platforms like Godaddy to secure a domain immediately after it was searched on their interface. It's likely that when you performed the search, it triggered their system to initiate the purchase process. By the time you attempted to buy it, their automated bots had already claimed it. It's unfortunate to hear that you missed out, but it wasn't a case of them stealing it from you—they simply acted faster in securing the domain.

Adtecarmp

Reaction score
This situation can occur.

In my personal opinion, it is advisable to avoid purchasing or checking high-value domains through popular hosting platforms, as it increases the likelihood of encountering such circumstances.

AlliLove

Reaction score
It is possible that previous discussions have taken place regarding the issue of checking domain availability on popular registrars, with others sharing similar experiences.

Birdstoc

Reaction score
Was it today that it expired and dropped, just moments before you tried to register it? Or had it been unregistered and expired for more than a day?

Blazershb

Reaction score
I used the term "steal" because I made the purchase and they deducted the money from my PayPal account.

Bubbleanac

Reaction score
I recall an incident when a friend owned a popular online movie website that received nearly millions of monthly visits. Unfortunately, while using GoDaddy, he accidentally clicked on the option to deactivate the domain, which resulted in an automatic transfer to GoDaddy. When he contacted them, they demanded a considerable sum of money to return the domain, which seemed quite amusing.

Top Bottom