Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Blog I invested $2,000 in backlinks, but my domain's DR (Domain Rating) is still zero.

Landia

Reaction score
My blog is 45 days old, and I've been focusing on obtaining backlinks from high-DR (45+) blogs within my niche that have good traffic (over 40K visitors per month) and low spam scores. I've acquired more than 20 backlinks in 45 days, some of which were free while others cost me between $100 and $300 each. I avoided buying links due to the low quality of the sites provided by most sellers. Instead, I reached out to competitors ranking on the first and second page of Google and requested guest posts.

However, my domain's DR is still zero according to Ahrefs and SEMrush. Why is this so? And how long does it take to increase the DR value?

Hammerg

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The duration of 45 days may be insufficient, and it could be more beneficial to wait for an additional month or two.

It appears that you have a strong desire for success, considering that you invested $2,000 within the initial 45-day period. In my opinion, this amount seems quite substantial for such a short timeframe.

I'm intrigued to learn more about your website:

• What is the specific niche or topic of your website?
  • How many articles have you published on your website, and what is the average word count per article?
  • Did you conduct keyword research before writing your articles?
  • What is the current level of traffic your website is receiving as of today?

GeniusArticle

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The duration of 45 days may be insufficient, and it could be more beneficial to wait for an additional month or two.

It appears that you have a strong desire for success, considering that you invested $2,000 within the initial 45-day period. In my opinion, this amount seems quite substantial for such a short timeframe.

I'm intrigued to learn more about your website:

• What is the specific niche or topic of your website?
  • How many articles have you published on your website, and what is the average word count per article?
  • Did you conduct keyword research before writing your articles?
  • What is the current level of traffic your website is receiving as of today?

Why is $2,000 considered too much? It's a relatively small amount...

Furthermore, the expenditure was not in vain, as it was allocated for backlinking purposes. The intention is to continue investing the same amount every month if it proves to be effective in improving the overall Domain Rating (DR).

The blog falls within the finance niche, and all articles are carefully optimized for SEO purposes.

FrogPat

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Please verify if the links are included in the Ahrefs index by checking their presence in the backlink report.

Additionally, I have observed that some websites with a Domain Rating (DR) of 0 have backlinks listed in the Ahrefs index. However, it is worth noting that these links consistently exhibit a UR (URL Rating) of 0. This scenario can potentially arise when guest posts lack internal linking or if the guest post page itself does not receive any backlinks.

Landia

Reaction score
Links appear on SEMrush but not on Ahrefs, haha.

Enuentis

Reaction score
Don't stress too much about the 45-day timeframe; it's not that long. Just boosting your Domain Rating (DR) without improving your ranking isn't necessarily a great outcome. Also, I hope the links you bought were really worth it so you don't end up wasting your $2k.

DarthCanyons

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
My blog is 45 days old, and I've been focusing on obtaining backlinks from high-DR (45+) blogs within my niche that have good traffic (over 40K visitors per month) and low spam scores. I've acquired more than 20 backlinks in 45 days, some of which were free while others cost me between $100 and $300 each. I avoided buying links due to the low quality of the sites provided by most sellers. Instead, I reached out to competitors ranking on the first and second page of Google and requested guest posts.

However, my domain's DR is still zero according to Ahrefs and SEMrush. Why is this so? And how long does it take to increase the DR value?

Have you seen any improvement in your ranking since getting these backlinks?

Tearpe

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey, consider getting an expired domain. I got one for $2k, and according to Ahrefs, it has a 44DR.

Check out online marketplaces instead of just relying on BHW. Do some research first.

A1te

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey there, buddy! I think it usually takes at least 90 days to see results. Make sure your content is top-notch and original. And be careful not to create too many links for a new website—it's not good for its growth.

Landia

Reaction score
I wanted to build my own brand from the ground up, so I started from scratch. If others have done it, I believe I can too. I was inspired by a blogger who went from 10,000 visitors a month to 100,000 in less than 9 months.

Perontos

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score

Just wait for 3 months to see the results.

PhiaWise

Reaction score
Since your site is only 45 days old, you're still building your profile. It'll take some more time to see results. Wait for at least 3 months to see improvements, but make sure to keep updating your work regularly.

Trixtvil

Reaction score

Freshul

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
You need to check a few things:

Quality of backlinks
Competition for your keywords
Structure and quality of your content
Make sure all your links are indexed
Remember, just because your Domain Rating (DR) increased doesn't guarantee more traffic. I've seen websites with a DR of 50+ but zero traffic. There are many factors at play, like the quality of your links and keyword competition.

Also, make sure to check your webmaster tools and analytics.

GrinderTao

Reaction score
I'm wondering why people focus so much on third-party tools' ratings instead of checking if their backlinks are actually being crawled and if they're affecting their rankings. Search engine spiders and third-party spiders don't really relate to each other, and those ratings from third-party tools are just for analysis—they're not always accurate.

Verigent

Reaction score

It's not enough time to see changes in just 45 days. It can take months to a year to notice any differences.

Since you're new to SEO, I wouldn't suggest spending so much on your competitors' backlinks at that price. $300 is quite a lot, and you could get many good niche-relevant backlinks or guest posts for that amount.

It's not a good idea to spend $2k in just 45 days on a few links from competitors when you're new to this.

Styxin

Reaction score
The finance niche is very competitive. Plus, your domain is likely still in the sandbox, which means it'll take a few months to start seeing improvements. SEO requires patience—it's like playing a waiting game.

Top Bottom