Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Hello, I made a mistake and uploaded the staging site version of my website to the live site using the Allinone WP plugin. As a result, some problems

Trippinet

Reaction score
1- I created a staging site using WP Staging Pro, and when I was ready to push it to the live site, I used the same plugin, but the website didn't look right. So, I used the All-in-One plugin to download the staging site's website created with WP Staging Pro and uploaded it to the live site. However, now that I've activated WP Staging Pro on the live site, it shows that it's a staging site and isn't getting indexed or anything. How can I fix this? Should I check my .htaccess or robots.txt files or do something else to make my site fully live? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

PsiRisk

Reaction score
2- "If you migrated the staging site, it will be recognized as a staging site. To push the staging site to the live site, use WP Staging. If you have encountered issues, you may need to restore from an older backup. To allow the site to get indexed, disable the relevant option.

RivenGiant

Reaction score
2- "If you migrated the staging site, it will be recognized as a staging site. To push the staging site to the live site, use WP Staging. If you have encountered issues, you may need to restore from an older backup. To allow the site to get indexed, disable the relevant option.

3- I appreciate the advice, but what if I don't have a backup of my website? What can I do to make it live? Would it be helpful to reach out to WP Staging PRO for assistance?

IronicJelly

Reaction score
3- I appreciate the advice, but what if I don't have a backup of my website? What can I do to make it live? Would it be helpful to reach out to WP Staging PRO for assistance?
4- It is possible that your cPanel account backup is stored on your hosting provider's server. However, if it is not, then unfortunately, you may not be able to retrieve your lost data. It is crucial to always have backups of all your important files and data to avoid such situations.

NetHop

Reaction score
4- It is possible that your cPanel account backup is stored on your hosting provider's server. However, if it is not, then unfortunately, you may not be able to retrieve your lost data. It is crucial to always have backups of all your important files and data to avoid such situations.
5- Could there be any long-term side effects on my website?

IronicJelly

Reaction score
5- Could there be any long-term side effects on my website?
6- Which action might have long-term consequences: performing a restore or maintaining the site's current state? I'm uncertain about any potential negative effects in the long run.

RivenGiant

Reaction score
6- Which action might have long-term consequences: performing a restore or maintaining the site's current state? I'm uncertain about any potential negative effects in the long run.

7- Alright, I understand that you were referring to the potential effects of leaving the site as it is. It's a good idea to look for a backup and try to resolve the issue. While the solution provided in this link (https://wp-staging.com/docs/reconnect-staging-site-to-production) may not directly apply to your situation, it could still offer insights that lead you to a simpler resolution.

PsiRisk

Reaction score
8- It's crucial to prioritize investing in backups to ensure the safety and continuity of your mail, hosting, security, and other systems. Keep in mind that errors can occur, so always be prepared with backups.

Before making any changes, make sure to back up everything and take note of important details such as PHP and WP versions. Adding phpinfo() into a static file and downloading the output from your browser can help you understand the configuration of your system and identify any necessary fixes.

For full control over your production environment, consider using a VPS. AWS is a good option for scaling, but for staging, you may want to use linode or hetzner instead. Remember, spending money on backups is an investment that can help you save money and avoid costly downtime in the long run. :)

Josefribetr

Reaction score
8- It's crucial to prioritize investing in backups to ensure the safety and continuity of your mail, hosting, security, and other systems. Keep in mind that errors can occur, so always be prepared with backups.

Before making any changes, make sure to back up everything and take note of important details such as PHP and WP versions. Adding phpinfo() into a static file and downloading the output from your browser can help you understand the configuration of your system and identify any necessary fixes.

For full control over your production environment, consider using a VPS. AWS is a good option for scaling, but for staging, you may want to use linode or hetzner instead. Remember, spending money on backups is an investment that can help you save money and avoid costly downtime in the long run. :)
9- I appreciate the advice. I learned my lesson the hard way, and I hope my website won't be affected once it starts ranking. Are there any specific files I should check to ensure everything is in order? Fortunately, WooCommerce doesn't seem to be displaying any indications that it's a staging site, but I'm not entirely certain.

Shirleyflag

Reaction score
9- I appreciate the advice. I learned my lesson the hard way, and I hope my website won't be affected once it starts ranking. Are there any specific files I should check to ensure everything is in order? Fortunately, WooCommerce doesn't seem to be displaying any indications that it's a staging site, but I'm not entirely certain.

10 - To display information about a WordPress site, a site check plugin is commonly used. This plugin can often detect and report any errors on the site.

DasRaven

Reaction score
Top Bottom