Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Where do you keep backups of your website?

JuzLuc

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Naturally, I usually save backups on my dedicated server, but I'm searching for a way to store them somewhere else.
What steps do you take to ensure everything is secure?

I appreciate you helping me out in advance.

Relenier

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Server + Cloud + another local copy. If the site is important, I make sure I save another backup on a stick or external memory. Pretty paranoid, but better to be sure.

RocketJr

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd like to do the same as you. Here, too, there's a lot of paranoia. However, downloading a site to my local machine takes two days:O. Is it possible to directly download a site to another server or cloud, and if so, how? Thank you for the information!

RollPaper

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
BackupSheep is what I use. It offers storage space for backups.

Sammalli

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Two separate backup servers, hosted in different countries.

SlyGrinder

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I recently switched my backup options to bold grid, the makers of W3 total cache, and they offer a good premium cloud backup for $2.50 per month (annual payment though)

It's set and forget, and it backs up before any plugin or WordPress update. Sends any error reports to you.

Spoiledix

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I recently saw a post in which a man stated that his HDD had become corrupt and that he was using VPS hosting. He lost all of his sites and had not kept backups on his local drive. Many people were saddened and alarmed by this.

I used to use vaultpress to get automatic backups of my money websites, but that is an expensive option, especially if you have too many sites and only a few of them generate revenue.

So I made it a habit to download all of the data on a monthly or bimonthly basis and save it to a local HDD as well as a backup laptop.

It is preferable to use a cloud backup service, but what I do is practical for those who have a large number of sites and do not want to spend extra money on backups.

All that is required is to be proactive and punctual in taking regular backups.

Talkerlo

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I use Updraftplus to automatically send it to my Amazon S3 bucket.

Tearpe

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Acronis and Comet backup are two other popular backup tools.

ToyLaxr

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
NAS could be a good option.

Scenario: one NAS in the office and one at home.

For redundancy, NAS1 retrieves the backup from your site and replicates it to NAS2.

Depending on your RAID configuration. This should give you peace of mind in the event of hard drive corruption or acts of God.

Pathicub

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd also like to download a compressed zip file of my sites to my own machine so that I can put them on a USB, but that takes days:s. Is there anything else I can do to make this go faster?

Patrism

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I use one external vps for daily backups and another for weekly backups for Directadmin.
Google Cloud is what I use for CyberPanel.

Perontos

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
There is no such thing as too many backups, and I keep them *everywhere*. And every time I read a thread like this, I get the urge to make another batch of backups, so I guess I'll be doing that today:p

RomanceLinkin

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Google Drive
on Cloud
FTP
external hard disk
USB
dropbox

You can select your storage location based on the size of your files.

Top Bottom