Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register
gifd

LB The Way Most People 99% Construct Their Backlinks Is Incorrect

Bugsbu

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
This will be a brief thread as it doesn't require much elaboration.

I still notice that the majority of people are fixated on acquiring low-quality links such as forum posts, comments, mass-produced PBNs, and so-called "guest posts" that are actually published on spammy websites designed for selling links.

It appears that many people fail to understand the crucial importance of link quality in link building. The truth is that websites do not rank highly merely because they have thousands of referring domains. This is either a byproduct of their ranking or the result of them acquiring a large number of low-value links alongside good ones.

In reality, only a handful of high-quality links typically account for 90-95% of a website's link profile and contribute significantly to its ranking success.

Acquiring hundreds upon hundreds of low-quality links is unlikely to result in any significant ranking improvement. Conversely, obtaining just 4-5 highly relevant contextual links from authoritative websites can provide a substantial boost to your rankings. This is because Google avoids the vast majority of links and instead looks for a small subset of signals that indicate trust and authority.

In fact, you're better off securing only 2-3 high-quality links each month rather than building a hundred low-value contextual links. Unfortunately, the SEO community is often slow to adopt new strategies and continues to rely on outdated techniques such as web 2.0s, profile links, and directory links - all of which have been ineffective for a considerable period of time.

If you're looking to succeed in link building, my advice is to avoid purchasing worthless link packages and instead focus on acquiring a handful of top-quality contextual links each month.

The key to acquiring valuable links is to produce high-quality informational content that people will naturally want to link to. Highly commercial pages are less likely to attract links, regardless of whether or not you're paying for them. The best websites to acquire links from typically do not sell guest posts, as they earn revenue through other means. On the other hand, many websites that accept low-quality posts and sell links are part of large networks established to make money from selling links. Some of these sites even accept free guest posts and monetize their content through ads. This approach is inexpensive to maintain, and there are countless people looking to purchase "links".

In terms of link value, a high-quality niche site with a domain rating (DR) of 5 to 50 and a monthly traffic of 5k to 30k is more beneficial than a DR70 spam site, regardless of the latter's traffic volume. Guest post sites are known to inflate traffic figures by targeting high-volume, low-competition keywords with content that has little value to readers. A genuine topical site that ranks for a few thousand relevant keywords and attracts a few thousand visitors a month will do far more for your rankings.

Therefore, content quality is critical, regardless of your niche. Even if you operate a mundane plumbing site, you can still create countless useful pieces of content.

There are countless ways to enhance the quality of your website and make it more appealing for acquiring high-quality links. While outreach and payment are still necessary, people are more likely to link to valuable content. Real bloggers are unlikely to link to a plumbing website's homepage with an anchor text like "plumber nyc."

However, a plumbing website can produce a wealth of DIY content that extends beyond plumbing. By obtaining links to this informative content and organizing your site's structure correctly, you can channel an enormous influx of link juice throughout your site, improving the ranking of both commercial and informational pages.

Despite the availability of effective strategies, many people still resort to purchasing packages of web 2.0s and foundational links for their plumbing clients, instead of focusing on creating high-quality content and acquiring valuable links.

If you shift your SEO mindset and adopt a content-first approach, you can achieve remarkable results and surpass your competitors. It's time to change how you think about SEO and start producing exceptional content that will attract valuable links and drive organic traffic to your website.

DarthCanyons

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
What is your opinion on RD 1000 sites that have relatively low traffic, such as 1000 or 5000? Are they still considered good?

Bugsbu

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
What is your opinion on RD 1000 sites that have relatively low traffic, such as 1000 or 5000? Are they still considered good?
The assessment of RD 1000 sites with low traffic depends on the specific site in question. However, based on the information provided, it seems unlikely that they would be considered good. This emphasizes the fact that having numerous backlinks or a high Domain Rating (DR) does not necessarily guarantee quality.

If a site has a natural RD 1000, it would generally perform much better. The exception to this would be small sites with limited targeting, but those cases are uncommon.

If an RD 1000 site has substantial content but fails to rank well, it is likely that the backlinks associated with it are of poor quality and have been created by the site owner.

In general, good backlinks are derived from genuine articles on authentic websites.

Bourgis

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It is acceptable to diversify your comments and engage in forums. When starting a blog, having around 30-50 PBN (Private Blog Network) links can be beneficial. Personally, I prefer posting links that have a similar TTF (Tropical Trust Flow) to my own site, as determined by tools like Majestic SEO.

Neula

Reaction score
Despite the availability of effective strategies, many people still resort to purchasing packages of web 2.0s and foundational links for their plumbing clients,

What they absolutely should avoid is purchasing PBNs (Private Blog Networks). PBN links are highly penalized by Google and can lead to severe consequences. On the other hand, Web 2.0 links are much safer and more forgiving.

Bugsbu

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
What they absolutely should avoid is purchasing PBNs (Private Blog Networks). PBN links are highly penalized by Google and can lead to severe consequences. On the other hand, Web 2.0 links are much safer and more forgiving.

Alright, best of luck with your Web 2.0 strategies!

It is acceptable to diversify your comments and engage in forums. When starting a blog, having around 30-50 PBN (Private Blog Network) links can be beneficial. Personally, I prefer posting links that have a similar TTF (Tropical Trust Flow) to my own site, as determined by tools like Majestic SEO.

There's no need to diversify your backlinks—it's a myth. I've never bothered, and all my projects perform exceptionally well.

What matters are strong, contextual links. Period. Once you rank, your site will naturally diversify through the links it organically gains. You don’t need thousands of low-quality links to appear legitimate; in fact, that approach can backfire.

Some sites will naturally acquire real forum links, especially in niche, informational spaces. But comment links? No one except the site owner is placing those. Forum profile links and most other profile links, aside from a few high-quality business listings, are junk.

Buying forum post packages only results in spammy-looking links that are easily recognizable as fake. That’s not diversification—it’s just adding clutter to your link profile and wasting your time.

It's like marathon training: if you run 50 miles a week, you’ll crush it. Whether or not you drink some fancy sports drink, your success isn't tied to that drink—it’s the training that counts. Same goes for backlink diversification; it’s unnecessary. You only think it helps because it’s psychological. The reality is, those extra links are doing nothing for your rankings.

Neula

Reaction score
Alright, best of luck with your Web 2.0 strategies!

Web 2.0 links are much more forgiving, so relying on luck isn’t necessary. PBNs, on the other hand, require all the luck they can get to avoid penalties.

Bugsbu

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Web 2.0 links are much more forgiving, so relying on luck isn’t necessary. PBNs, on the other hand, require all the luck they can get to avoid penalties.

No offense, but this argument is just nonsense.

What does "unforgiving" even mean here? And "luck"? There’s no luck involved—it's an algorithm searching for specific signals, not a game of chance.

Please clarify. What exactly makes Web 2.0 links more effective than PBNs in your view? Have you ever ranked anything competitive solely using Web 2.0 links? If so, can you provide a case study demonstrating that Web 2.0 links outperform PBNs?

DasRaven

Reaction score
No offense, but this argument is just nonsense.

What does "unforgiving" even mean here? And "luck"? There’s no luck involved—it's an algorithm searching for specific signals, not a game of chance.

Please clarify. What exactly makes Web 2.0 links more effective than PBNs in your view? Have you ever ranked anything competitive solely using Web 2.0 links? If so, can you provide a case study demonstrating that Web 2.0 links outperform PBNs?

I believe what he's trying to say is that PBNs are often quite risky and can lead to Google penalties, whereas that risk doesn't apply to Web 2.0 sites. Even if Web 2.0 links don't provide a huge boost, they won't cause any harm either.

Iamgi

Reaction score

Have you ever seen the top black hat pros ranking with just Web 2.0 links?

That’s a rhetorical question, by the way.

Bugsbu

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe what he's trying to say is that PBNs are often quite risky and can lead to Google penalties, whereas that risk doesn't apply to Web 2.0 sites. Even if Web 2.0 links don't provide a huge boost, they won't cause any harm either.

What's the point of that approach? You might as well order a pizza, watch some TV, and hope your website magically ranks.

Why bother getting links that won't help?

PBNs aren't as "risky" as people make them out to be. Half the SEO forums and hundreds of thousands of agencies worldwide are buying PBN links. It’s only risky if you're buying hundreds of public PBNs. A small number of strong PBNs? That’s not risky at all. No one has ever been penalized for a few dozen high-quality links. If it were that easy to trigger penalties, why wouldn’t everyone just buy PBN links for their competitors and wipe them out?

What’s funny is, I didn’t even suggest using PBNs for quality backlinks. I simply mentioned getting high-quality contextual links and focusing on good content. Yet, people accuse me of pushing PBNs because I run a PBN service. In reality, I advise against piling on PBNs and low-quality links, and instead recommend prioritizing quality.

DarthCanyons

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Mind if I send you a few backlinks and you let me know if they're any good?

Catec

Reaction score
Listen, PBNs are straightforward. If you're in the SEO game purely for profit, PBNs are your best option for maximizing returns.

If you're not using PBNs, then you likely don't fully understand SEO.

Bugsbu

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Mind if I send you a few backlinks and you let me know if they're any good?

Absolutely, go ahead!

Listen, PBNs are straightforward. If you're in the SEO game purely for profit, PBNs are your best option for maximizing returns.

If you're not using PBNs, then you likely don't fully understand SEO.

Absolutely, PBNs are just strong domains where you place your link on the homepage to capture all the link equity.

It doesn't get much better than that. With a private PBN, you can make it look as authentic and relevant as you want.

For those worried about passing manual reviews, there’s nothing stopping them from investing $1k in a strong domain, $100 on design, and around $500 for 20k words of content. With that kind of budget, it can look like a completely legitimate site.

A $20 domain with a basic theme and a few posts might seem spammy, but most PBNs are pretty low-quality and can last for years. It’s not really manual penalties that hurt people; it’s the general Google algorithm updates that tend to catch them off guard.

Dingessi

Reaction score
I would normally agree with you, but in 2020, Google feels more like a box of pralines—you never really know what you’re going to get.

As long as my niche (and many others I've seen) is filled with high-authority profile pages, Pinterest links, and other high-DA pages sitting on page 1, my expectations remain low.

I’ve always been someone who believed in quality—writing excellent content myself, earning natural links, just as you mentioned. But unfortunately, no matter how good your content is, it seems what really matters is the age and authority of your website or domain.

It’s also fascinating, in a frustrating way, how Pinterest has basically hijacked the SERPs globally with its country subdomains (fr.pinterest, it.pinterest, de.pinterest, etc.). They’ve become a new version of Wikipedia, always ranking on page 1 regardless of the country. I don’t think social bookmarking sites like Pinterest (along with Facebook pages, Instagram accounts, or Twitter profiles) should even be ranking in SERPs at all. They should be tucked away in a sidebar or a special section, not dominating the main results.

DasRaven

Reaction score
Absolutely, go ahead!

Absolutely, PBNs are just strong domains where you place your link on the homepage to capture all the link equity.

It doesn't get much better than that. With a private PBN, you can make it look as authentic and relevant as you want.

For those worried about passing manual reviews, there’s nothing stopping them from investing $1k in a strong domain, $100 on design, and around $500 for 20k words of content. With that kind of budget, it can look like a completely legitimate site.

A $20 domain with a basic theme and a few posts might seem spammy, but most PBNs are pretty low-quality and can last for years. It’s not really manual penalties that hurt people; it’s the general Google algorithm updates that tend to catch them off guard.

Before the May update, my main competitor was pulling in over 75k monthly traffic. After the update, it dropped drastically to just 10k per month.

I’m not sure if it was due to PBNs or something else, but as a newbie, my guess is they were relying on too many low-quality PBN links.

That’s why I’m cautious about PBNs and prefer using naturally acquired links, niche edits, and guest posting instead.

Neula

Reaction score

Just keep doing what you're doing—Google's already won, don't forget that.

Catec

Reaction score
Before the May update, my main competitor was pulling in over 75k monthly traffic. After the update, it dropped drastically to just 10k per month.

I’m not sure if it was due to PBNs or something else, but as a newbie, my guess is they were relying on too many low-quality PBN links.

That’s why I’m cautious about PBNs and prefer using naturally acquired links, niche edits, and guest posting instead.

If a site is pulling in 75k+ traffic, and they got there using PBNs, only to get deindexed after a year, how much profit do you think they made in that time? In my opinion, a ban is worth it if you’ve already made enough profit. This person likely made a fortune, and even with 10k+ traffic left, they’re probably still making plenty of money.

DasRaven

Reaction score
If a site is pulling in 75k+ traffic, and they got there using PBNs, only to get deindexed after a year, how much profit do you think they made in that time? In my opinion, a ban is worth it if you’ve already made enough profit. This person likely made a fortune, and even with 10k+ traffic left, they’re probably still making plenty of money.

Yes, it's great for churn and burn strategies. But for a long-term authority project, I’d still take all the risks into account.

MrZeether

Reaction score
It’s also fascinating, in a frustrating way, how Pinterest has basically hijacked the SERPs globally with its country subdomains (fr.pinterest, it.pinterest, de.pinterest, etc.). They’ve become a new version of Wikipedia, always ranking on page 1 regardless of the country. I don’t think social bookmarking sites like Pinterest (along with Facebook pages, Instagram accounts, or Twitter profiles) should even be ranking in SERPs at all. They should be tucked away in a sidebar or a special section, not dominating the main results.

This is wild—we’re now seeing SERPs dominated by Pinterest results.

Top Bottom