Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register
gifd

SEO The Definitive Handbook on SEO Siloing - Achieve Dominance on Google in 2020

AnnaBoss

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Here’s a breakdown of your main page content and layout:

1. Content Estimate:
    • Main page content: Approximately 300 words.
    • Displaying the last 20 laptop articles with 5-word titles each: Total of 100 words.
      Your main page will have around 400 words of content.
  2. SEO and Structure:
    • Title/H1: Use something like "The Latest Laptops & Buyer Guides." Make sure your title/H1 is different from other pages to capture more keywords and avoid over-optimization.
    • Content: Include 100-300 words of unique content about laptops. Within this content, link to 2-3 internal pages, either within your silos or important internal pages within the silo.
    • Page Layout: List all your pages within the "laptops" category. Display the latest 20 items to Google, and use AJAX for users to load more without using /page-2 type pagination. For large sites, AJAX can help users sort and filter laptops, and sub-silos can assist in narrowing down to specific types of laptops.
Feel free to ask any basic questions—I’m here to help!
Article titles and snippets from articles don't count towards your word count. While they may be considered "duplicate content," it's not problematic in this case, as Google recognizes it as a category page.

Your unique content should be placed at the top of the category page to establish the topic and provide context.

PunkMega

Reaction score
Hmm, this is interesting. Whenever I tried siloing, I always placed the article targeting the biggest keyword at the top of the silo. I also never felt that my silo structure lived up to the hype. I'll give your approach a try. Thank you!

Fateer

Reaction score
In each sub-silo of your website, you should have 100-300 words of unique content, which should be displayed on the category page, which represents your silo. Your homepage should contain links to the silos/sub-silos of your site, such as having a giant silo with 500-1000 words of content at the top and the latest articles displayed on the page. However, for an e-commerce site, you should not display all the latest products, but for an informational site, the latest 20 articles should be displayed. This will ensure that juice flows from the homepage to new articles.
Hi @splishsplash,

Thanks for sharing this amazing method. I have a question: Is it okay to show Google all of my article URLs in the silo or sub-silo, rather than just the 20 most recent articles? I want to ensure that the link juice from my homepage is distributed to all my articles, not just the most recent ones.

Also, for link building with this method, would you recommend backlinking to the homepage or directly to the main article?

Thank you!

PunkMega

Reaction score
Hey @splishsplash,

Do you use sidebars on your silo websites? If so, do you include links to all pages within the silo in the sidebar of supporting articles?

Nsmilepera

Reaction score
Thanks for the great share!

LuvChamp

Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed SILO explanation! I have an additional question: Where should you place money articles (e.g., "10 Best Gaming Laptops on the Market") if you want to rank them as well as possible?
Should you:
  1. Place it at mysite.com/reviews/, with /reviews as the page URL, using "10 Best Gaming Laptops on the Market" as the H1 tag and "Top Gaming Laptops" as the page title? You could then create supporting articles (e.g., 5 to 10) and categorize them under "Gaming Laptops."
Or
  1. Place a general introduction about laptop reviews on mysite.com/reviews/, and then create the main article (with the title and H1 tag "10 Best Gaming Laptops on the Market") as a separate WordPress post assigned to the "Gaming Laptops" category. The post would be listed as one of the links on the mysite.com/reviews/ page. You would then create additional WordPress posts that internally link to the main article and the parent silo (mysite.com/reviews/).
I hope this makes sense.
Best Regards,
Zatoichi

RaeLaugh

Reaction score
It would be fantastic if someone could create a dummy site so people like me can see the setup in action.

Tersbyte

Reaction score
Excellent guide—it's explained very clearly. Thanks!

Cruistyzx

Reaction score
It would be fantastic if someone could create a dummy site so people like me can see the setup in action.

I agree. I've reviewed the guide about three times, and there are still some areas that aren't entirely clear to me.

Hippoon

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Great article!

Thanks for the guide.

Top Bottom