Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Please give me advice on translation!

Ormesha

Reaction score
I operate a website that attracts a lot of global traffic. To cater to this audience, we previously used a plugin called Weglot to provide translation pages that integrated with our content, created new URL slugs, and even translated tags. While this solution indexed well, we soon realized that dynamic translations on Weglot's servers were significantly slowing down the site as it tried to manage 1000 different pieces of content in six different languages. As a result, I made the tough choice of terminating the service, which led to a significant traffic drop, but our site's performance and conversion rate have since improved without the speed issues caused by Weglot. I redirected all pages that ceased to exist to our English pages, which helped mitigate a portion of the negative impact.

Now, I am searching for a new solution to help me scale translations (over 1000 pages) from English to primary languages such as French, Spanish, and Russian. Is there a WordPress plugin that creates the required taxonomy and page structure internally without making an external server call like Weglot did? Or do I need to create this structure myself? I would appreciate any insights from those with experience in this area.

Ringer

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
You may want to consider using either the Polylang or WPML plugins on your WordPress website.

RobNsmile

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It seems that WPML may be the more scalable option, although I cannot confirm this with certainty. I will provide feedback based on my findings.

Top Bottom