Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register
gifd

DN&P Namecheap's account blocking policy

Marysis

Reaction score
I recently registered a domain name a few days ago and let it sit for a bit. However, when I attempted to log in to my Namecheap account today, I received a message saying that my account had been blocked due to unusual activity, and that I needed to contact their support team and provide identity documents to have it unblocked.

There was nothing suspicious on my end and my IP was clean. However, I had used a fake name to register the domain, which may make it difficult to recover my account. This is a frustrating situation as I really liked the domain name.

In light of this experience, I will not be using Namecheap for any future domain registrations. I hope this information helps others who are considering Namecheap for their business.

Poolab

Reaction score
I have never experienced such a situation before. I recently purchased an auctioned domain from them without encountering any issues.

MagicGurl

Reaction score
In my experience, I have numerous domains registered with Namecheap, and they have never requested identification documents from me.

KixSpecials

Reaction score
The requirement for identity verification on Namecheap is quite questionable, and I anticipate there might be more unexpected demands in the future.

KingDoom

Reaction score
I have never encountered any difficulties with Namecheap. It is an excellent domain registrar.

Jazzmed

Reaction score
I have been using Namecheap for a number of years, and they have never requested my identification. However, I always use legitimate credit cards that are registered under my own name.

Iamgi

Reaction score
I have never encountered any problems with Namecheap. The majority of my domains are registered under random names and addresses, some of which are even made up. Names like "Mike Jones" that don't make logical sense have also been accepted without any issue. As long as I can verify the email associated with the domain, Namecheap has never raised any concerns. It's possible that a payment or credit card transaction was flagged as fraudulent, resulting in the need for further verification. However, I have used various payment methods such as virtual credit cards, PayPal, gift card credit cards, and cryptocurrencies without ever being asked for identification. Additionally, I have multiple accounts, some of which are even accessed from the same IP address, without any complications.

HotSport

Reaction score
Similar to Amazon's practice, Namecheap may also implement fraud protection measures that can trigger an account lock if the cards used for payment are not activated. This is done to prevent potential fraudulent activities.

Top Bottom