Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Namecheap - Not bad service?

DarthCanyons

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I got tired of AWS, Digital Ocean, and Linode's high prices, so I decided to try something new. What's that? I saw that Namecheap sold VPSes. What a shock (though not for you, I know, lol)!
So I decided to give it a shot. I did try it, and I set up some projects there. What I found is...

What's Good:

For $15.88 a month, I got 6GB of RAM, 4 CPU cores, a 120GB SSD, and 3TB of bandwidth. The price (yearly should be cheaper, but I'm not ready to commit yet) is crazy. Digitalocean, for example, charges $24 a month for 2 CPU cores, 4GB RAM, 4TB bandwidth, and 80GB SSD. Prices are pretty much the same with other providers I'm used to.

There is no setup fee, which is a good thing (some providers do charge you a setup fee which is stupid).

Not Good:

Setting up takes time. It takes a few hours to get everything set up. I suppose they set up the VPSs by hand? This is where DO and AWS EC2 really shine.
I also didn't see any way to choose the location of the server, which is bad for putting real-world systems in place.
Also, I wish the prices were per hour. So, it's cheaper to start a new instance when you need it and delete it when you're done (you can do this with AWS/DO).

The Bad:

I am a ubuntu fanboy. I literally can't live without it. NC VPSes do not come with Ubuntu 22.10/22.04 out of the box, which is a shame. You can't even do-release-upgrade normally. I had to make some changes to make it work, which took me about 30 minutes. I was finally able to get the most recent version, 22.10, and set up everything. This means that auto-deployment will be hard to do (let's say with ansible).

Verdict:

NC can be a good choice if you want a cheap and reliable (I guess I'll find out soon lol) VPS provider. But, at least for now, it is not really ready for more advanced deployments.

GlimmerDean

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Excellent analysis. Thank you for sharing your story.
I've recently read some conflicting opinions about Namecheap. As a result, I've had conflicting feelings about them.
However, when such reviews are received, it becomes easier to make purchasing decisions.

Fuglobal

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Is there a snapshot? Also, the pricing appears to be too low. I'm curious how much they charge per year.

DarthCanyons

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Excellent analysis. Thank you for sharing your story.
I've recently read some conflicting opinions about Namecheap. As a result, I've had conflicting feelings about them.
However, when such reviews are received, it becomes easier to make purchasing decisions.
It's my pleasure. Thank you for taking the time to write this.

It's a good option and a trustworthy company.
This is similar to what I received from their New Year's promotion email.
It appears to be quite good! It appears to have snapshots, which is a plus. I'll give it a shot soon. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

DarthCanyons

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Is there a snapshot? Also, the pricing appears to be too low. I'm curious how much they charge per year.
Unfortunately, I did not see a snapshot option (this isn't a big deal for me because I use Docker and backup my persistent data on a regular, automatic basis). The yearly cost is around 12.xx. I forgot to write down the exact amount.

Cowiese

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
There are four CPU cores and eight gigabytes of RAM. $8.49 / month
Contabo's pricing is ridiculous.

Confidentij

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Namecheap has established a solid reputation.

Circulu

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I left Namecheap last year because most of the time Google does not crawl my website when I use their hosting. Now that I see they have new attendees, I am very interested. Also, thank you for providing this information.

Bugco

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
You might want to give Contabo a shot; it's dirt cheap compared to other options, and the hosting is also quite good.

DarthCanyons

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The server continued to function normally. This time, I must say that namecheap has impressed me. ;)

BomberFestive

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
That's strange. Did you try putting it in front of Cloudflare?

Ratnt

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Hostiker.com man.

Top Bottom