Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

DN&P Is it possible to reverse the sale of my domain that was sold through GoDaddy Auctions?

Newagen

Reaction score
Hello MMO Community,

Last year, I purchased a domain from GoDaddy Auctions and subsequently listed it for sale on the same platform. However, two months ago, I began a new project on the domain and completely forgot that it was listed for sale. I invested all my savings into this project and it was doing well, with a daily visitor count of 3k and earning income.

Yesterday, I received an email stating that my domain had been sold and transferred to a new owner. This news has left me feeling devastated and I reached out to customer support, who advised me to contact the auctions team via email.

I am seeking suggestions on what my best options are in this situation. This is truly the worst day of my life, especially since it occurred on a Sunday.

HaloRealist

Reaction score
I regret to inform you that the domain has been transferred to a new owner and is no longer available. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Eyeshooter

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
While you have the option to send an email as advised, it is unlikely that they will be able to take any substantial action or provide a resolution.

GrinderTainted

Reaction score
Consider reaching out to the new owner via email and proposing a repurchase at an increased price. It is advisable to act swiftly before the new owner becomes aware of the domain's daily traffic of 3,000 visitors.

Fricarr

Reaction score
I'm confused as to why GoDaddy did not provide you with an option to approve the domain transfer, especially considering that you listed it for auction a year ago. It seems quite absurd. If anyone else has experienced a similar situation, I would appreciate hearing how they resolved it.

Braines

Reaction score
Unfortunately, GoDaddy may not have the capacity to thoroughly check each domain or contact owners before selling them, which is unfortunate. It may be worth attempting to communicate with the new owner and discuss the situation. Nonetheless, I am sorry to hear about your experience, and congratulations on your successful project.

Antecti

Reaction score
In such cases, GoDaddy typically sends email notifications to domain owners, asking for approval if someone expresses interest in buying their domain. However, it's worth noting that GoDaddy specifically asks for approval if the proposed price exceeds $4,999. To find the email address of the new domain owner, you can try performing a WHOIS lookup using online WHOIS lookup tools or domain registration databases. These resources may provide contact information associated with the domain, including the email address of the current owner.

Top Bottom