Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

DN&P I am considering including "TikTok" in my domain name.

Verigent

Reaction score
Hi there. I own a domain name that contains "TikTok" such as TikTokFollowersBuy.com. Recently, I received an email from lawyers asking me to delete the domain. Should I be concerned? Have I violated any trademark laws?

Tarasuff

Reaction score
I experienced a similar situation a week ago involving TikTok, and my recommendation is to delete it.

Taistandb

Reaction score
In the past, I had a domain name on Namecheap that included "WhatsApp," and I received a notification about it. To prevent any issues, it is advisable to avoid using "WhatsApp" in your domain name. Instead, consider placing it on a separate page or section of your website.

Reveluris

Reaction score
I strongly advise you to delete it right away.

Finnwarz

Reaction score
Upon reaching out to the law firm mentioned in the email, they confirmed that they did not author it. It appears that our competitors may have written the email.

BonFrancine

Reaction score
TikTok shows no concern for your domain. Even if they were the ones who wrote the email, they would not invest resources in pursuing the matter. Considering the sheer number of people they would have to target for similar domains, it's unlikely they would take action.

However, this does not mean that using such domains is a wise decision. It's always better to err on the side of caution. While the chances of facing any consequences are minimal, it's still advisable to prioritize safety and avoid using such domains.

RobNsmile

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
TikTok shows no concern for your domain. Even if they were the ones who wrote the email, they would not invest resources in pursuing the matter. Considering the sheer number of people they would have to target for similar domains, it's unlikely they would take action.

However, this does not mean that using such domains is a wise decision. It's always better to err on the side of caution. While the chances of facing any consequences are minimal, it's still advisable to prioritize safety and avoid using such domains.
I appreciate your gratitude for the advice. :)

KinSilver

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Trademark infringement is responsible for the majority of UDRP (Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy) cases. Domain investors view such actions unfavorably, and the domain itself holds no value unless you intend to sell it to another party involved in trademark infringement. If a brand were to file a UDRP case, it appears that they would have a strong chance of winning.

Unless a domain was registered prior to the brand's establishment and is a common word in the dictionary, defending it may require significant expenses. By investing time and effort into a domain that gains visibility, you also increase the likelihood of becoming a target.

In some cases, if you succeed in defending your domain, such as a three-letter LLL (letter-letter-letter) dot com domain that serves as a generic abbreviation, the brand attempting to seize your domain may face a ruling of reverse domain name hijacking. There have been instances where large corporations have dedicated years of effort in attempting to acquire certain domains, as exemplified by the "Nissan" story.

As previously suggested, it is advisable to stop from incorporating a trademarked name directly into the domain. However, you can use the TM name within the website's content. You can fill all webpages with descriptions of your services, including the TM name, while also placing the "TM" symbol next to it as a precautionary measure. Unless you become a prominent entity, omitting the "TM" symbol may not have significant consequences.

Top Bottom