Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register
gifd

DN&P Can you please provide more context or information about what you mean by "Godaddy is doing clickbait about the prices"?

Landrater

Reaction score
It seems that Godaddy is using clickbait tactics with their pricing. In my currency, a .com domain is listed as 39.99, but when I try to purchase it, the price jumps to 169.99. This is a clear example of clickbait and is a dishonest marketing strategy. It's frustrating to see this type of behavior, as customers should be able to trust the advertised prices. It would be much better if Godaddy was upfront about the actual price instead of misleading customers.

Owercull

Reaction score
$0.01 for the first year with a 2-year registration at $19.99.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piluen

Reaction score
It seems that Godaddy is using clickbait tactics with their pricing. In my currency, a .com domain is listed as 39.99, but when I try to purchase it, the price jumps to 169.99. This is a clear example of clickbait and is a dishonest marketing strategy. It's frustrating to see this type of behavior, as customers should be able to trust the advertised prices. It would be much better if Godaddy was upfront about the actual price instead of misleading customers.

Appreciate the heads-up!

Discoverol

Reaction score
GoDaddy has long been known for its clickbait tactics in the industry. They once relied on provocative ads before shifting their approach, but they still use questionable marketing techniques to draw people in. This strategy is part of why they became so successful, despite their poor customer service and high renewal fees. I only use them for their auctions since you can find unique domains there, but I always transfer my domains out as soon as possible.

Innisola

Reaction score
Avoid buying from GoDaddy. There are better alternatives, like Namecheap, which also offers free WHOIS privacy.

Istsmatt

Reaction score
It’s baffling how GoDaddy became one of the biggest hosting and domain providers. They fall short in every aspect

Cetical

Reaction score
The worst registrar I’ve encountered... There are many better alternatives out there, man.

Airship

Reaction score
GoDaddy excels at one thing: demonstrating overpriced, underperforming products.

I have a client who uses them for hosting, and I dislike working on those sites due to their slow connectivity and frequent disconnections.

Coanetq

Reaction score
It’s baffling how GoDaddy became one of the biggest hosting and domain providers. They fall short in every aspect
It’s not a mystery. The masses can often be uninformed or unaware, and companies like GoDaddy grow by appealing to them. That’s why they’re so big—they’ve managed to attract and convince a large audience.

But yeah, their quality is lacking.

Discoverol

Reaction score
I didn’t know that. Maybe being 'woke' is just good business these days? It seems like everyone is doing it, from car racing to other industries.
In today’s world, virtue signaling seems to be a constant requirement to appease Twitter and other social media platforms. As a result, marketing teams at large companies often play it safe by copying each other’s approaches.

But honestly, who cares about a domain owner’s skin color? Imagine emailing a webmaster to ask about their race to make a business decision. As an SEO, I’m only concerned with the quality of the backlink, even if that might seem a bit old-fashioned.

Marysis

Reaction score
GoDaddy is the most manipulative domain registrar I’ve encountered in the industry. That’s why I prefer NameSilo or other reputable hosting providers. Not only do they use clickbait, but I’ve also seen countless threads with complaints about their poor services

Discoverol

Reaction score
GoDaddy is the most manipulative domain registrar I’ve encountered in the industry. That’s why I prefer NameSilo or other reputable hosting providers. Not only do they use clickbait, but I’ve also seen countless threads with complaints about their poor services

I’m puzzled by how GoDaddy remains the top choice for hosting and domains. Every internet professional I know dislikes them. Dynadot, on the other hand, offers excellent domain services with a range of features at a good price, often cheaper than GoDaddy’s so-called discount club.

I suppose many people get lured by the aggressively discounted first-year rates, only to be ripped off with much higher prices in the second year.

Marysis

Reaction score
I’m puzzled by how GoDaddy remains the top choice for hosting and domains.

It’s definitely their aggressive marketing strategy—I keep seeing their ads everywhere.

SummersBase

Reaction score
It’s baffling how GoDaddy became one of the biggest hosting and domain providers.

Consider their history since becoming a publicly traded company. They've used shareholder funds to acquire competitors like Uniregistry and invest heavily in advertising. I even saw a new payment service ad from them on YouTube that I didn’t click on. They have a massive market share and a brand name that people tend to 'trust.'

I haven’t checked recently, but their domain auctions lack unique IDs, which can lead to issues with 'approved' API users manipulating bids. I don’t understand why people tolerate their hosting services—perhaps because their domains are registered with them and they don’t know how to change nameservers. Their 'upgraded' front end is also confusing, possibly by design. A few months ago, I worked with a client who used their system, and the performance was abysmal. It took forever to upload changes to a one-page HTML site on their slow server. It’s ridiculous.

Top Bottom