Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register
gifd

Youtube Can I buy youtube channel without penalty?

XglossyAnn

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Is there an official source or reputable website, such as YouTube's support page, that states the legality of purchasing YouTube channels from other creators? I came across a thread where people mentioned that it is advisable to buy channels from creators within the same country as your location. This seems peculiar, as if YouTube permits channel purchases, why would there be a requirement for them to be from the same country?

SisterHippo

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
There is no legal prohibition against purchasing accounts, although doing so violates the terms of service of the platform.

Idekania

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. To clarify, you would like to know if YouTube permits the purchasing of channels without violating its terms of service.

Intricul

Reaction score
Engaging in actions that violate the terms of service.

Dingessi

Reaction score
Violating YouTube's terms of service is not recommended, but it may not be considered a major issue. I have personally purchased channels in the past with over 100k subscribers and have not encountered any problems thus far.

RacerSo

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Violating YouTube's terms of service is not recommended, but it may not be considered a major issue. I have personally purchased channels in the past with over 100k subscribers and have not encountered any problems thus far.
I came across a video discussing a situation where someone, likely a company, expressed interest in purchasing MrBeast's channel. It struck me as strange because spending millions on a channel would be unwise if it goes against YouTube's terms of service.

GeneralLola

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Upon conducting research on multiple occasions, I have found that purchasing YouTube channels is generally considered legal. However, it is worth noting that in certain cases, such transactions may violate the platform's terms of service, as others have mentioned.

For personal accounts, transferring ownership is always against the terms of service. However, for brand accounts registered under a business name, it is possible to transfer ownership since it is regarded as a business asset. Google distances itself from any responsibility or involvement in such transactions, especially with personal accounts. This is because personal accounts are tied to specific sign-up details, and changing those details may lead to complications such as the account being claimed as "hacked" by an unscrupulous buyer. YouTube prefers to avoid dealing with such potential issues. On the other hand, for brand accounts, the ownership can be easily proven since the account is registered under the company's name.

It's important to note that the information I provided may be outdated, as it has been a considerable amount of time since I last looked into this topic. In the case of MrBeast, it is highly likely that he operates a brand account registered under a legally recognized business entity. Therefore, attempting to purchase his channel would be akin to making an offer to buy the entire business.

Top Bottom