Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Avoid using namecheap to search for domains!?

PunkMega

Reaction score
Yesterday, I discovered a domain using Ahrefs which was suitable for me. However, when I searched for it on Namecheap, I found that it was not registered. Today, when I tried to check it again, I was surprised to see that it had already been registered on Namecheap.

Registry Domain ID: 2480812137_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.1api.net
Registrar URL: http://www.1api.net
Updated Date: 2022-01-16T06:39:56Z
Creation Date: 2022-01-16T06:36:57Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-01-16T06:36:57Z

LouHeaven

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Has the domain expired?

Kaptains

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It's strange to think that out of the 7 billion people on this planet, someone came up with the same domain name as you.

JollyFortune

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It seems that this is not just a coincidence and that others are engaging in this type of behavior as well. I have personally experienced a similar issue with a few of my domains. After renewing them, I received a refund due to a supposed system error. It appears that these companies can be quite sneaky in their practices, and it's possible that even reputable companies like Godaddy may engage in such behavior.

JadenBill

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Thought Godaddy was a master at doing this, but with Namecheap now also involved, who should we really choose?

Hanumbi

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
This technique is known as "frontrunning" and has been around for a while. It is said that several smaller registries use this tactic. In my experience, I've encountered this with a medium-sized registrar in the past. It's worth noting that the domain in question was not expired.

GeneralLola

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
This technique is known as "frontrunning" and has been around for a while. It is said that several smaller registries use this tactic. In my experience, I've encountered this with a medium-sized registrar in the past. It's worth noting that the domain in question was not expired.

My domain was registered yesterday after I searched it on namecheap...

DonaldMaid

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Namecheap is a reliable registrar, even though other companies have engaged in similar practices in the past. It is important to note that Namecheap is a very large registrar, and issues experienced with other registrars may be due to problems on their end or even billing account issues. In regards to searching for available domains, large registrars such as Namecheap are unlikely to risk losing their accreditation by engaging in such practices. However, it is important to acknowledge that some of these companies, although not Namecheap specifically, may have questionable practices associated with their ancillary services and products.

Cyveito

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Thought Godaddy was a master at doing this, but with Namecheap now also involved, who should we really choose?

It is surprising to hear that Namecheap engaged in such practices. However, GoDaddy has been known to engage in similar practices in the past. About five years ago, a friend of mine found a domain and planned to register it at a later time. The following day, the domain was being sold on GoDaddy for $3,000, even though it had just been newly discovered.

Coveren

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It is possible for things like this to happen, and there may not be any issue with it. Sometimes it is just a matter of bad luck.

Cipland

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
You may want to consider using PureWhois.com to search for available domain names. This way, you can avoid any concerns about registrars attempting to hijack or steal your domain names.

Chroniclos

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello. It's not fair to place the blame on GoDaddy or Namecheap for the unavailability of a domain. It's highly likely that the domain was already registered by someone else. If you attempted to search for a domain like 6467gdghg5577.com and discovered that it was registered the next day, it's clear that someone else beat you to it. In that case, there's no one to blame but the person who registered it before you.

Cavita

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Namecheap has nothing to do with this.
Through the German domain registrar 1API GmbH, the domain was registered.

Buggyro

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I have personally never encountered any issues with Namecheap. However, I have heard about instances where smaller registrars withhold valuable domains for their own benefit, even when a client has already requested the domain. This tends to occur more frequently when new domain extensions are introduced.

Beautype

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I have personally never experienced any issues while searching for domains on Namecheap. In fact, I have been able to successfully obtain all the domains I have searched for and got them some time later.

Agentey

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It is surprising to hear that Namecheap engaged in such practices. However, GoDaddy has been known to engage in similar practices in the past. About five years ago, a friend of mine found a domain and planned to register it at a later time. The following day, the domain was being sold on GoDaddy for $3,000, even though it had just been newly discovered.
In the past, I have encountered this issue frequently while using GoDaddy and Heart Internet. However, it appears to be less common now.

YauRely

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Do you mind sharing the domain name?

Umenny

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It's highly likely that someone else might have bought the expired domains you're looking for before you. That's why it's crucial to act fast. In my experience, I haven't had any issues buying PBN domains with Namecheap, but I recommend using Namesilo as it's the best registrar in my opinion. I have over 200 PBN domains with them, and I've never encountered any problems.

Tropithm

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
This can be replaced with Namecheap. What if it was merely an accident? Keep in mind that millions of other people are searching for domains at the same time that you are.

RobNsmile

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The domain in question is currently owned by 1API GmbH, a company that has been verified by ICANN and has registered just over 1 million domains thus far. If you attempt to acquire the domain, there are two likely outcomes: either your payment will be rejected, or you will successfully register it but eventually receive a takedown notice.

It's worth noting that 1API is a subsidiary of HEXONET, which has been operating as a business since 1999. In light of this information, it's difficult to attribute blame to Namecheap for the situation.

Top Bottom