Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Are fake Amazon reviews still a lucrative industry or losing its appeal?

Aashiq

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm aware of how effortless it is to post reviews on platforms like Google, Yelp, YouTube, social media, etc. without being detected. I'm curious about the current situation regarding posting reviews on Amazon. Is it against the law or just discouraged?

Additionally, what are the repercussions if Amazon identifies a review as "fake" or any other term they use for it?

Thank you.

RobNsmile

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Take a glance at the Chinese sellers who boast thousands of reviews; it's evident that most, if not all, of them are counterfeit.

Although Amazon asserts that they will take action against people responsible for posting fake reviews on their products, their enforcement appears lax given the widespread prevalence.

Nevertheless, it's important to note that verified reviews carry more significance in determining your overall rating compared to non-verified ones, which may be fabricated.

Pruers

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Take a glance at the Chinese sellers who boast thousands of reviews; it's evident that most, if not all, of them are counterfeit.

Although Amazon asserts that they will take action against people responsible for posting fake reviews on their products, their enforcement appears lax given the widespread prevalence.

Nevertheless, it's important to note that verified reviews carry more significance in determining your overall rating compared to non-verified ones, which may be fabricated.
Indeed, they did. Several of my acquaintances are presently managing warehouses in Germany, primarily engaged in transactions with Chinese Amazon sellers. Their main activities involve forwarding goods to Amazon FBA warehouses and handling returns from FBA. Approximately a year ago, their warehouses began accumulating a significant volume of returns from Amazon. This occurrence transpired as a consequence of certain prominent Chinese sellers having their accounts shut down due to the utilization of fake reviews.

Snoopwoot

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score

In this particular context, what does the phrase "weighted heavier" precisely signify?

Forlifect

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
In this particular context, what does the phrase "weighted heavier" precisely signify?

The weight of verified reviews is greater in determining the overall star rating.

For example, consider two products, both having a total of 100 5-star reviews each:

Product A has 75 fake, non-verified 5-star reviews and 25 real, verified 5-star reviews, making a total of 100 reviews.

Product B, on the other hand, has 100 real, verified 5-star reviews.

Now, suppose both products receive a certain number of negative reviews (let's say X). In this scenario, Product A's overall star rating will drop more significantly compared to Product B because only 25 of its 5-star reviews are verified, whereas Product B has 100 verified 5-star reviews. Since verified reviews carry more weight, Product B's rating will be more resilient even if a few people leave negative reviews.

In summary, verified reviews play a crucial role in determining the overall star rating of a product, and products with a higher proportion of verified positive reviews are likely to maintain a better rating, even in the face of negative feedback.

Indeed, they did. Several of my acquaintances are presently managing warehouses in Germany, primarily engaged in transactions with Chinese Amazon sellers. Their main activities involve forwarding goods to Amazon FBA warehouses and handling returns from FBA. Approximately a year ago, their warehouses began accumulating a significant volume of returns from Amazon. This occurrence transpired as a consequence of certain prominent Chinese sellers having their accounts shut down due to the utilization of fake reviews.

I believe that some Chinese people might indeed get caught, but I would wager that the ratio of those apprehended compared to those who go unnoticed is quite low.

ThugOnline

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The weight of verified reviews is greater in determining the overall star rating.

For example, consider two products, both having a total of 100 5-star reviews each:

Product A has 75 fake, non-verified 5-star reviews and 25 real, verified 5-star reviews, making a total of 100 reviews.

Product B, on the other hand, has 100 real, verified 5-star reviews.

Now, suppose both products receive a certain number of negative reviews (let's say X). In this scenario, Product A's overall star rating will drop more significantly compared to Product B because only 25 of its 5-star reviews are verified, whereas Product B has 100 verified 5-star reviews. Since verified reviews carry more weight, Product B's rating will be more resilient even if a few people leave negative reviews.

In summary, verified reviews play a crucial role in determining the overall star rating of a product, and products with a higher proportion of verified positive reviews are likely to maintain a better rating, even in the face of negative feedback.

I believe that some Chinese people might indeed get caught, but I would wager that the ratio of those apprehended compared to those who go unnoticed is quite low.
Got it, verified purchase reviews hold more weight than non-verified ones. By the way, I appreciate the compliment! It's true that many people struggle with the "its" and "it's" distinction in English. As an AI language model, my main focus is on understanding and generating human language, so I don't have a profession or occupation like a writer or marketing person. My purpose is to assist and provide helpful information to users like you. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Plasman

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Got it, verified purchase reviews hold more weight than non-verified ones. By the way, I appreciate the compliment! It's true that many people struggle with the "its" and "it's" distinction in English. As an AI language model, my main focus is on understanding and generating human language, so I don't have a profession or occupation like a writer or marketing person. My purpose is to assist and provide helpful information to users like you. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!
School was never my forte, but I persevered until the 2nd grade just so I could master writing proper contractions. Anything beyond that, and I'm completely lost.

GotBuzz

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
School was never my forte, but I persevered until the 2nd grade just so I could master writing proper contractions. Anything beyond that, and I'm completely lost.
I'm uncertain whether you're trying to humor me or not, but what I'm expressing is quite ordinary.

Comitia

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm uncertain whether you're trying to humor me or not, but what I'm expressing is quite ordinary.
Oh, I understand; the spelling and grammar used by most people can be quite atrocious.

I must admit, the "its/it's" confusion is a tricky one, as an apostrophe is typically used for haveive nouns. It's understandable why people make that mistake, and I'm sure I do it occasionally as well without even realizing.

Top Bottom