Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

All the scammers on upwork...

Fishapis

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm seeking information regarding how freelancers manipulate their statistics on Upwork. I recently fell victim to a scam by a freelancer who had a profile claiming to have earned 1.5 million dollars and received numerous 5-star reviews. However, after a six-month engagement, during which it was evident that this person was always struggling financially and even a thousand dollars was a significant amount for them, I find it highly unlikely that they actually earned 2 million dollars through Upwork. Interestingly, this freelancer has over 600 open jobs and even accepts low-paying projects of around 50 USD alongside our 20,000 USD project.

Any insights into how freelancers might inflate their stats on Upwork would be greatly appreciated.

Crawlerry

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I suppose they maintain multiple accounts and make purchases from the primary one, after which they leave positive reviews.

Runninger

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I suppose they maintain multiple accounts and make purchases from the primary one, after which they leave positive reviews.
It appears to be the most favorable situation for them.

Carpords

Reaction score
How did you end up falling for a scam?

Pellico

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Upwork may not be the ideal platform for hiring people; it would be wiser to explore options like PPH or similar alternatives with a smaller pool of candidates.

Certhw

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Websites dedicated solely to freelancing are terrible. I've fallen victim to scams multiple times on such platforms while dealing with projects worth $xxx.

As a buyer, you can never be certain about the quality you'll receive. As a seller, the competition is so intense that it's hardly worth the effort to work for someone on those platforms.

I've experienced both sides of the situation.

Moreover, Upwork, in particular, is notorious for its exorbitant fees as a middleman.

On the other hand, the BHW marketplace offers more than just a "job-only" approach. It provides genuine reviews from real people, and all you need to do is ask.

If you were seeking better results, you might have had better luck asking here rather than using those freelancing sites.

Forlifect

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The emphasis on Upwork seems to be more on quantity rather than quality. It wouldn't be astonishing if certain "clever" people have managed to exploit the system, causing harm to unsuspecting clients.

SummersBase

Reaction score
We must exercise caution as there are numerous scammers present in all places.

Top Bottom