Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Advertising and publicizing a game to increase its visibility and attract more players.

Allith

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. This is my first time posting here, and I hope to meet some amazing people and make friends.

I am seeking advice or insights regarding the marketing of a mobile puzzle game idea that I have. Some of my friends who enjoy puzzle games reviewed the idea and were impressed, encouraging me to develop it instead of letting it remain just an idea. While it has the potential to be a successful game, there is no guarantee.

Despite considering developing the game seriously, I have been hesitant due to the challenge of marketing it. I believe that the game's success depends on the marketing strategy, and I am unsure if my current plan of using YouTube and Snapchat will suffice. Even though the game is engaging and challenging, I worry that I won't be able to promote it effectively, causing me to stop developing it altogether.

I would appreciate your advice on this matter. Is it a bad idea to halt the game's development solely due to the lack of a robust marketing plan? Should I proceed with developing the game regardless of my current marketing strategy? Is it easier to market a game than I'm assuming?

I appreciate any replies or suggestions, even if it's just a friendly greeting. Your input would be valuable to me.

I apologize if this post is in the wrong section, but I believe it is the most appropriate place for it.

BiggRee

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Consider creating a prototype and conducting a small paid user acquisition campaign to evaluate CPI (Cost Per Install) and D1 and D7 retention rates. This approach is crucial in determining whether to proceed with the game development.

If budget constraints prevent you from funding an initial UA campaign, consider partnering with a game publisher who can perform this evaluation at no cost to you.

Avoid investing months into developing an app you believe will be successful without testing it right from the start. A well-informed initial assessment can save valuable time and resources.

Numndbl

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Consider creating a prototype and conducting a small paid user acquisition campaign to evaluate CPI (Cost Per Install) and D1 and D7 retention rates. This approach is crucial in determining whether to proceed with the game development.

If budget constraints prevent you from funding an initial UA campaign, consider partnering with a game publisher who can perform this evaluation at no cost to you.

Avoid investing months into developing an app you believe will be successful without testing it right from the start. A well-informed initial assessment can save valuable time and resources.
I wanted to express my gratitude for your valuable response – it was truly helpful! Your input is greatly appreciated.

I must admit that while I'm familiar with creating a prototype for the game, the concept of developing a user campaign to check CPI and D1, D7 retention is quite new to me. I realize there's still much for me to learn, and I'm unsure about the specifics of an initial campaign or the aspects you mentioned above.

I wholeheartedly agree with your reasoning that investing too much time without gaining insights from the outset could be wasteful. However, I'm uncertain about the steps to take in order to check the game's potential from the beginning. Could you provide some guidance on how to proceed with this?

From what I gathered, it might be beneficial to involve someone experienced in this area – perhaps a publisher who would be willing to offer assistance without any upfront cost?

Additionally, I apologize for the lengthy question, but I'm curious about the approximate cost of a user campaign. If you could shed some light on this matter, it would be immensely helpful.

Once again, thank you so much for dedicating your time and effort to help me. I truly value your expertise and insights.

Talkerlo

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score

If you want to track user activity in your app, Firebase provides a solid foundation. To kick off your app's growth, launching an initial campaign is straightforward; you just need a modest budget. Begin by setting up an app install campaign on platforms like Google Ads or Facebook Ads and analyze D1 retention and game playtime metrics. Targeting tier 3 countries can be a strategic approach for this phase.

To evaluate D1 retention, ensure your app is fully functional, engaging users enough to bring them back the following day for another round of play. You don't necessarily need a complex game with numerous levels; a well-designed and enjoyable game experience will suffice.

Gwaycomm

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The most effective approach to market and expand a game is to develop an app version, publish it on Google Playstore, and subsequently launch well-crafted Google Ads app promotion campaigns.

Rozre

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
If you cannot allocate tens of thousands of dollars per month to secure top app rankings, it's advisable not to invest heavily in marketing. Instead, your best approach would be to focus on ASO (App Store Optimization), crafting games that cater to existing demand and competition rather than solely relying on novel ideas.

HeadChari

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
If you want to track user activity in your app, Firebase provides a solid foundation. To kick off your app's growth, launching an initial campaign is straightforward; you just need a modest budget. Begin by setting up an app install campaign on platforms like Google Ads or Facebook Ads and analyze D1 retention and game playtime metrics. Targeting tier 3 countries can be a strategic approach for this phase.

To evaluate D1 retention, ensure your app is fully functional, engaging users enough to bring them back the following day for another round of play. You don't necessarily need a complex game with numerous levels; a well-designed and enjoyable game experience will suffice.
Once more, thank you for your invaluable assistance and insights.

There are a few things I'll be monitoring closely, such as D1 retention, which involves observing the players' behavior and the time they spend playing without skipping.

It's crucial to develop a functional app! However, I'm wondering if it needs to be a fully finished product, or if a prototype would suffice since real players will be testing the game?

I'll make sure to delve deeper into D1 and ads campaigns.

GeneralLola

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The most effective approach to market and expand a game is to develop an app version, publish it on Google Playstore, and subsequently launch well-crafted Google Ads app promotion campaigns.
Thank you for your assistance. I recently left a comment on Nick's response about app development, where I mentioned that creating a version of the app is distinct from developing the in-game aspect.

Regarding my inquiry and others', why not develop the actual game first and then run effective Ads after listing it?

I've come to learn about Google Ads campaigns, which I wasn't aware of before. I only knew about Google and Facebook through their intrusive in-game ads, but I never knew about this specific advertising method. One final question: Is it exclusively available on the Google Play Store? Can it be used on both Android and iOS devices?

Umenny

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
If you cannot allocate tens of thousands of dollars per month to secure top app rankings, it's advisable not to invest heavily in marketing. Instead, your best approach would be to focus on ASO (App Store Optimization), crafting games that cater to existing demand and competition rather than solely relying on novel ideas.
I agree with you that spending tens of thousands per month is not something I can do, haha. Even if I were capable of it, I still wouldn't do it, as you rightly pointed out that it's not worth it. For now, I'll go with the bet and apply a competitive competition plan, and I'll adapt it to meet the needs and desires of the players.

HotSport

Reaction score
Once more, thank you for your invaluable assistance and insights.

There are a few things I'll be monitoring closely, such as D1 retention, which involves observing the players' behavior and the time they spend playing without skipping.

It's crucial to develop a functional app! However, I'm wondering if it needs to be a fully finished product, or if a prototype would suffice since real players will be testing the game?

I'll make sure to delve deeper into D1 and ads campaigns.

Please look up "D1 retention," which refers to the percentage of people who open your app on the next day. Additionally, there are d7 and d30 metrics, but we won't focus on them for now.

"Play time" represents the average duration for which a user engages with your app.

I have extensive knowledge on this subject, having authored an ebook about marketing apps. However, I now realize the importance of creating a guide for testing a prototype. This process will take time as I aim to thoroughly explain the topic and gather the most frequently asked questions.

Before considering D1 retention, it's essential to test your idea. You don't necessarily need a fully developed game; instead, you can create gameplay ads. By observing users' reactions to the ads, you can gauge their interest in your game, although there's much more to discuss in this regard.

MdoggMister

Reaction score
Google App promotion campaigns allow you to advertise exclusively Google Play Android apps on both Google Play and, if desired, on Google Search & YouTube through paid ads. Similarly, Apple provides Apple Search Ads to promote solely Apple / iOS apps on the Apple App Store.

GeniusArticle

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Google App promotion campaigns allow you to advertise exclusively Google Play Android apps on both Google Play and, if desired, on Google Search & YouTube through paid ads. Similarly, Apple provides Apple Search Ads to promote solely Apple / iOS apps on the Apple App Store.
I prefer starting with Google Play for split testing everything—title, icon, description, visuals, and builds—so that once a winner emerges, I can confidently move to iOS. Marking iOS apps typically incurs higher costs but offers better ROI. As for other platforms like search, tube, and various channels, it's worth exploring them once you have a winning strategy.

ChiriMo

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Promote puzzle game mobile apps through various means, including pop-up ads for those seeking a challenge, or create a blog to attract a wider audience.

Top Bottom