Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Changes at amazon

Bugsbu

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Many members on the forum shared a common focus on eCommerce, particularly a group of people who began their journeys around the same time. Numerous forum users, including myself, were engaged in eCommerce, each with their own distinct products but using similar fundamental strategies.

My future business will use Amazon as a sales channel, but it will not solely rely on Amazon as its primary focus. I have observed how others in the forum have adapted their businesses over the years to accommodate the changes on Amazon.

In the past, my own business had an excessive dependence on Amazon, which clearly violated the principle of maintaining control.

While Amazon remains a dominant force, it's important to acknowledge that many things have changed since the early days of seeking success on the platform. Here are some notable transformations:

• Pay-per-click (PPC) costs have significantly increased across various categories.
  • Non-advertised offerings experience a significant decline in views.
  • Feedback rules and methods have been modified.
  • Amazon algorithms have undergone changes.
  • There has been a surge in international competitors offering commoditized products.
  • Policies regarding returns have been changed.
  • Sellers and listings face new risks of scams and fraudulent activities.
  • Amazon's approach to intellectual property (IP) theft has shifted.
  • Many smaller sellers have been purged from the platform.
  • Customer expectations and abuse have adapted to Amazon's customer-centric philosophy.
  • Retail arbitrage, once a popular business model, has lost much of its viability.
And this is just a glimpse of the changes. Over the years, countless alterations have taken place, resulting in the demise of those who were unable to adapt—a form of retail darwinism.

While alternative platforms are gaining traction, people such as @biophase and @AllenCrawley have notably excelled in building brands that extend beyond Amazon. Undoubtedly, there are many others in this community who have achieved similar success. Therefore, it may be valuable to initiate a discussion on the "new rules of the road" specifically pertaining to Amazon, particularly for those who are researching different business models.

The landscape is different now, and it's unlikely to revert back to how it was. Although it is still possible to establish a business and lead a fulfilling life using Amazon as a channel, I no longer consider building an Amazon-centric business as a prudent and forward-thinking decision for those aspiring to create something bigger.

Top Bottom