Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

D&P Which one is more visually appealing: .org or .net?

Covektab

Reaction score
I have both the .ORG and .NET versions of a domain name that exactly matches my brand. Regrettably, the .COM domain is already taken, but it is inactive. Consequently, I plan to use one of the domains as the primary one and redirect the other domain to it.

In your opinion, which TLD (.ORG or .NET) appears more visually appealing for the primary domain? From an SEO standpoint, I understand that it does not matter, so I am solely seeking aesthetic advice.

Kaptains

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Given the choice, I would opt for .net simply because it is the next most suitable option. In contrast, .org tends to be more geared towards corporate entities rather than personal blogs or websites.

Petroya

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Although it may not have been among the available choices, when I am unable to obtain the .com domain, my usual preference is to opt for the .co domain.

MurphyVibrant

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
For me, .net always takes the second position after .com.

JollyFortune

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The choice of domain depends on the nature of the website. If it's a portfolio or e-commerce site for selling products and services, I would opt for .net. On the other hand, if it's an affiliate website focused on science content or a similar topic, I would choose .org.

LouHeaven

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The choice of domain depends on the nature of the website. If it's a portfolio or e-commerce site for selling products and services, I would opt for .net. On the other hand, if it's an affiliate website focused on science content or a similar topic, I would choose .org.
It's a website that operates as an affiliate platform.

JadenBill

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Doesn't a domain name with a .co extension appear untrustworthy or suspicious?

Hanumbi

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It's frustrating how difficult it can be to acquire the desired .com domain without paying a hefty price or risking it being taken by another party, such as GoDaddy.

Cavita

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The .org domain gives the impression of being associated with organizations, as it is commonly used for that purpose.

Buggyro

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
That sounds reasonable. As you mentioned, if the website focuses on informational guides, such as sleep remedies, dog training techniques, or learning to drive a train, the .org domain would be a suitable choice. While the .net domain is not inappropriate, I would personally reserve it for a different type of website. Cheers!

Beautype

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
If I were in your shoes, I would advise opting for the .net domain.

Agentey

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Definitely go with .net.

YauRely

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Although it may not have been among the available choices, when I am unable to obtain the .com domain, my usual preference is to opt for the .co domain.
In the field of internet marketing (IM), using the .net domain makes sense. However, it may not be a widely agreed upon choice among the general population.

Umenny

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I prefer using the .org domain for information-based affiliate sites, such as Driving Advice or Space Quest, as it aligns well with their purpose. Whenever I am unable to secure the .com domain, I opt for .net for all other types of websites. I personally avoid using .co as it tends to give off a spammy impression.

Prierty

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
While I wouldn't necessarily classify .co as spammy, there is a common occurrence where people unintentionally add an 'm' after it, resulting in errors. Considering your situation, I would recommend going with .net, as it provides a safer choice. Having an organization-oriented .org domain selling affiliate products may not be the best idea, especially when you have the option of using .net.

PersonInterest

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I have a preference for the .Net domain.

Olympitt

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
The .co domain stands for "company" or "commercial." It is a top-level domain (TLD) primarily used by businesses and commercial entities.

Number1Bad

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I understand your perspective. While .co may be used by notable companies like O.co, personally, you would prefer a .net domain. To you, .co falls into a similar category as .info, which you may consider less desirable.

Top Bottom