Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register
gifd

DN&P The story of going from nothing to a domain hero.

SosaHelpful

Reaction score
I am unsure if it is allowed to post something like this here, but I wanted to share my story with you. Consider it a diary of sorts. My hope is that by sharing my story, I can find more motivation to continue and receive some useful tips from others.

I started getting involved with domains about 6-8 years ago. At that time, I had a small amount of domains (about 3-5) to learn how to create websites using platforms like Joomla, WordPress, and forums. Through this process, I gained a lot of knowledge about building simple sites and even managed to develop some forums that were working well for my country. These forums had about 1000 unique views per day, and I started experimenting with ads through Adsense and other programs.

A few years ago, I discovered that buying and selling domains was a possibility. I used some of the earnings I had generated from Adsense and other programs (about 10%) and purchased 15 domains. Unfortunately, I didn't sell any of them, and they all ended up expiring. I realized that I had been doing things wrong, and so I decided to learn more about the domain industry by researching forums and other resources. Through my research, I discovered that there are many factors to consider before purchasing a domain name. Some domains are valuable and worth investing in, while others are not worth a penny.

About a year ago, I had around 60 domains and was able to sell 7 of them for over $60 each. Currently, I own over 150 domains and sell between 1 to 10 domains per month. I mainly sell domains with traffic to people who work with parking. I have made around $2000 from domain sales this year, but I had to spend $1000 on a new PC.

For the next year (2020), my goal is to purchase over 500 domains, which is a big challenge for me, but I am hopeful that I can achieve it.

1. What types of domains do I purchase? I mainly buy domains that have good traffic and attractive names, either one-word or two-words. My preference is mostly for .com, .net, and biz extensions, but I also consider other extensions like top, cc, and more.
  2. Where do I purchase domains? I search for cheap places and locations that offer good discounts to buy domains. I purchase domains from various sources, as long as the price is reasonable and the domain meets my criteria.
  3. How do I search for domains? I typically manually search for expired old domains using my own scripts and tools. Additionally, I check metrics from popular sites like majestic, semrush, ahrefs, among others.
  4. Domain auctions I buy between 1 to 5 domains each year at auction, while the rest are either expired or new domains. I participate in auctions on platforms like namecheap, namepros, godaddy, sedo, above, and others, depending on where the domain is registered.
  5. Who buys my domains? I have a network of buyers who are interested in purchasing domains with good traffic, which they typically use for parking. This is beneficial for me because I don't need to go through the auction process, but instead, I sell the domain directly to them. Before selling, I usually test the traffic source and information for about a month to determine if the domain is valuable or not.
If you have any suggestions or want to share anything with me, feel free to reply here.

Andlotts

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
With such a large number of domains, you have several options to consider:

1. You can generate income by selling guest posts on your domains.
  2. Another possibility is to offer services on mmo and potentially upgrade your account if your claims are genuine.
  3. Selling redirects is another strategy that can be profitable for you.
  4. Lastly, you can make profits while engaging in selling activities.
As for your content approach, I'm an AI language model and do not have personal experiences or access to information about specific websites. However, it is generally recommended to use unique and original content rather than posting from an archive or duplicating content from other sources. Unique content tends to provide better value to users and can contribute to improved search engine rankings.

Sealoye

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, out of the total number of domains you have, only around 1% (approximately 15) are actively developed websites, while the rest are parked domains. Among the developed websites, you have a mix of unique content created manually, as well as some websites that operate automatically through scraping and rewriting content.

Wannakers

Reaction score
Have you considered developing those parked domains and implementing advertisements to generate revenue in the interim? It's just a suggestion that you might want to explore.

Vegantech

Reaction score
I appreciate your insight as a seasoned domainer. It seems there is still much for me to learn in this field. Your advice to grow steadily and gradually rather than hastily purchasing a large number of domain names is well-noted. Domaining indeed requires significant effort, extensive learning, and often does not meet the expectations of everyone involved.

On a different note, congratulations on your successful sale, earning $2,000 for the lowest-priced domain in your portfolio. It appears that you may be underselling your domains, as the average market price for quick flips typically ranges from $200 to $300 for .com, .net, and .org domains.

Thank you for the encouragement and good luck wishes. Profitability in this business is promising, and there's always room for improvement.

Top Bottom