Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

Is Python the optimal tool for enhancing search engine optimization (SEO)?

Bubbleanac

Reaction score
I am considering dedicating my limited free time to learning the fundamentals of Python and using its capabilities, particularly for web scraping, to become more self-sufficient in implementing my project ideas instead of relying on paid developers.

For people familiar with this programming language, I am curious if it is worthwhile to invest a few months of my time (which I have very little of) in acquiring a basic understanding of Python, or if this plan has significant drawbacks.

GotBuzz

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I am considering dedicating my limited free time to learning the fundamentals of Python and using its capabilities, particularly for web scraping, to become more self-sufficient in implementing my project ideas instead of relying on paid developers.

For people familiar with this programming language, I am curious if it is worthwhile to invest a few months of my time (which I have very little of) in acquiring a basic understanding of Python, or if this plan has significant drawbacks.
It requires a substantial amount of time.

My ultimate recommendation is against it. If you're certain you can't spare the time to delve into it, then it's best not to initiate it at all.

Birdstoc

Reaction score

The worthiness of Python knowledge in this industry depends on how you use the data you scrape. Assessing what you do with the data determines if the time invested in learning Python is justified. In my opinion, the answer is affirmative – having knowledge of Python is valuable if you're engaged in this field.

ThedevilNath

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Based on my observation, if you have sufficient time to invest or have the financial means to hire a developer, it would be an obvious choice. If I were looking to enhance my SEO, this would be my initial investment.

Facerens

Reaction score

My ultimate recommendation is against it. If you're certain you can't spare the time to delve into it, then it's best not to initiate it at all.
It relies on your objectives. Achieving a high level of proficiency, certainly, but anyone familiar with HTML can grasp the basics of web scraping using BeautifulSoup within a day or two.

Inferner

Reaction score

The worthiness of Python knowledge in this industry depends on how you use the data you scrape. Assessing what you do with the data determines if the time invested in learning Python is justified. In my opinion, the answer is affirmative – having knowledge of Python is valuable if you're engaged in this field.
Based on my observation, if you have sufficient time to invest or have the financial means to hire a developer, it would be an obvious choice. If I were looking to enhance my SEO, this would be my initial investment.
I appreciate all of your valuable responses. As expected, different people have provided diverse answers. To clarify my situation, I work as a freelance digital marketing consultant, currently serving multiple long-term clients, which typically consumes around 8 hours of my day (sometimes more or less due to the flexibility in my schedule). Considering unavoidable daily tasks such as eating, sleeping, housework, spending time with my wife, walking the dogs, etc., realistically, I may only have about 5 to 10 hours per week (including part of my weekends) to spare.

Given this limited time frame, my question is whether it would be sufficient to gain a basic understanding within the next 3 months. My specific objectives are to learn how to scrape data from websites, store it in a database or CVS files, and ultimately import it into custom posts in Wordpress. My motivation for acquiring this knowledge stems from my desire to have more control over IT-related tasks, as I currently rely on content writers and occasionally struggle to find competent developers for my projects.

Gneissm

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score

I would support this viewpoint. Learning Python is not difficult (regarding the language itself, as it's actually one of the most user-friendly programming languages). However, the key factor lies in the frequency and extent of your usage, as you might eventually forget what you've learned if you don't actively use it (unlike riding a bicycle, although I wish it were similar).

Shadesside

Reaction score
Certainly! Indeed, the most remarkable aspect is that with your newly acquired skills and knowledge, you will begin to conceive innovative ideas about what can be achieved. Those who are not developers can only envision a limited scope, as the realm of automation holds vast and boundless possibilities.

BiggRee

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
Certainly! "Python is an excellent choice as a first programming language due to its distinct characteristics."

Comitia

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
It's a bit surprising to see all these "yes" responses, especially considering that it's not even a week since a Google update that wiped out all scraped websites.

Top Bottom