Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register
gifd

MMO A&P Google play - Trust and ASO?

zokism

Reaction score
Hello, I'd like to share a theory with you regarding trust and the Google Play position of an app. I highly value your opinions on this matter.

If you happen to have multiple Google Play (GP) accounts, my assumption is that these accounts might not be associated with any mobile device, lack location-enabled features, and show minimal activity on other apps. This could be because you use an untraceable browser or a virtual machine (VM).

In my perspective, Google's AI may recognize that these accounts aren't linked to real individuals, and while they may not ban you for adhering to their policies, when the algorithm assesses your account against one associated with a real person, Google might favor the latter. This preference could potentially lead to better positioning of apps in GP search results, similar apps, top charts, and other categories.

In essence, my theory revolves around the idea that Google uses the trust level of a developer account as a parameter for ranking in its algorithms. I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this hypothesis.

How did I arrive at this theory?

When Google began removing my apps on a large scale due to the use of the word "free" in my app titles (in line with the new GP spam policy), I conducted a brief investigation. I noticed that many competing apps continued to use the restricted word without facing any consequences. Intrigued, I started monitoring these apps over time.

As days passed, these apps remained unchanged, continuing to use the same word that I was prohibited from using. This led me to contemplate the possibility of different levels associated with developer accounts. While I was already familiar with the concept of account variations affecting the speed of changes being published, I initially believed this was solely tied to factors such as account strikes, deleted apps, account age, and spam score—not the actual perceived value of the account.

Motivated by a sense of injustice (why could they use the word while I couldn't?), I began reporting these apps and closely tracking how long it took Google to remove them from Google Play. To my surprise, some apps were swiftly deleted within two days, while others faced no issues. After two months, the "unchanged" apps eventually altered their app titles. This led me to speculate that Google had warned these developers due to the trust placed in them, and subsequently, Google promptly deleted other apps from developers it deemed less trustworthy.

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this. Thank you.

zokism

Reaction score
@N1ckG2 @Lukmat I would be thrilled to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks!

Cebeobr

Reaction score
I believe it all comes down to timing. Let me explain my opinion:

If Google announces that using the word "FREE" in titles is a big no-no, and you already have apps with that word, they might go easy on you and just give you a warning after some time.

However, if your account is brand new and you use the word "FREE," you’ll likely face harsh consequences right away, like getting hit with the hammer.

Top Bottom