Welcome to the MMOLEARN.COM

Build your first Dropshipping, Online Course, Affiliate, Blog, Business, Optin, etc, WEBSITE and make money with us. We offer over 10.000+ Wordpress Plugins & Themes which will let you build ANYTHING. Plus we have nice community which likes to gossip about building websites and making some money online! Its really easy to do when we have everything you need to BUILD anything you WANT. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a beautiful day with us!

or Register

D&P Do expired domains bypass the sandbox period?

Upilword

Reaction score
While there is a debate over the existence of a sandbox period, my question is whether an expired domain and a new domain in the same niche would be affected in the same way.

For a new domain, most experts agree that it would take at least two months to rank for its target keywords.

So, my question is whether using an expired domain would enable me to bypass this waiting period and achieve quicker rankings.

Freshul

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
New websites often experience a sandbox effect, where their rankings and visibility are initially limited. However, using an expired domain can potentially help bypass or minimize the sandbox period for a new site.

Shoesen

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
There is no specific "sandbox" for new websites as traditionally understood. However, older websites tend to have an advantage in terms of search engine rankings due to the accumulated authority and trust they have gained over time. When using expired or auction domains, the benefit lies in leveraging the existing backlink profiles associated with those domains, which can contribute to a ranking boost rather than solely relying on their age.

Facent

Reaction score
There exists a sandbox. If the absence of a sandbox were to occur, how would you explain this phenomenon?

1.png
2.png
3.png

I have the capacity to share an additional 50 screenshots online.

All the relevant terms are associated with a single website. All of them experienced a significant rise in ranking, moving from position 60 to the top 3. What factors were responsible for their extended presence on page 5 before this? Moreover, what caused them all to advance to page 1?

By the way, it's worth noting that this domain is completely new.

Cozync

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
There exists a sandbox. If the absence of a sandbox were to occur, how would you explain this phenomenon?

View attachment 28187
View attachment 28188
View attachment 28189

I have the capacity to share an additional 50 screenshots online.

All the relevant terms are associated with a single website. All of them experienced a significant rise in ranking, moving from position 60 to the top 3. What factors were responsible for their extended presence on page 5 before this? Moreover, what caused them all to advance to page 1?

By the way, it's worth noting that this domain is completely new.

As mentioned earlier, I already addressed those points in the previous post. Your website gained advantages from its age, the backlinks were factored in, and other relevant factors contributed to your ranking. There is no specific obstacle preventing you from achieving higher rankings, contrary to the notion of a "sandbox." The benefit of having an older site is that it tends to perform better in terms of ranking. You are welcome to use the term "sandbox" if you prefer, but it doesn't accurately reflect the situation.

Cantlatz

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
What was the duration it took for your keywords to achieve their rankings? Did you implement any SEO techniques during this period?

Individuals who do not acknowledge the existence of the Sandbox theory claim that the holding period is simply a consequence of poor SEO practices.

Is it possible that your backlinks may not have adequate strength or authority?

Evanger

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
What was the duration it took for your keywords to achieve their rankings? Did you implement any SEO techniques during this period?

Individuals who do not acknowledge the existence of the Sandbox theory claim that the holding period is simply a consequence of poor SEO practices.

Is it possible that your backlinks may not have adequate strength or authority?

I managed to achieve these results within a timeframe of approximately 6-8 weeks, which is relatively quick for a brand new domain. However, what concerns me is that the keywords remained on page 5 or 6 consistently until suddenly all of them started ranking at the same time.

Yes, I did engage in link building activities. I took a cautious approach and built up to two backlinks per day, with around 3-4 of them being PBN links (I tried to keep the number of PBN links as low as possible).

When referring to "bad SEO," it can encompass various factors. This may include low-quality backlinks, over-optimization of content, or a combination of multiple unfavorable practices. However, considering that I managed to achieve rankings, it's unlikely that I employed bad SEO strategies.

In my opinion, the key factor here is authority. If a website havees authority, it tends to handle new keywords differently. When starting from a brand new domain, Google evaluates the website, and this evaluation process can take a considerable amount of time.

Regarding your question about whether an expired domain can bypass the sandbox, it is indeed possible, but it depends on acquiring a good expired domain. If you obtain a decent expired domain that is relevant to your niche, havees high-quality backlinks, and has a clean history, it can provide an advantage over a completely new domain.

Drophe

VIP MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe this is the aspect that requires our attention. It appears that a Google algorithm made a sudden decision to rank your website for all of your keywords.

If the keywords had gradually moved to the first page at different times, one could argue that Google doesn't consider the age of a website as significant. However, since they all jumped to the first page simultaneously, it indicates that something triggered the ranking boost for your website.

It is evident that a specific event or factor prompted the sudden ranking improvement for your website.

Cropol

Reaction score
Having an old domain provides additional advantages due to the pre-existing backlink profiles associated with it.

Top Bottom